My Rig to Be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophaniti

Solid State Member
Hello all

finally getting around to buying the parts for my PC, gonna be for gaming, rendering, animation and video conversion. I'm basically replacing my Mobo, Video Card, processor and RAM and im trying to keep it around $1500. Anything that i havent listed here I probabaly already have, HDDs, case, fans, OS, etc.

Prices are all Canadian:

Intel Q9450 Quad Core - $365
BFG GeForce 8800GT OC2 - $299.99
OCZ DDR2 PC2-9200 1150MHz Reaper HPC Edition 2GB (2x1024MB) Dual Channel Kit - $155.99

things im still debating on: an ASUS motherboard and which is better: 2 Gigs of DDR2 1150 as above, 2GB of DDR2 1066 @ 132.99or 4GB of DDR2 800 around $80

and if anyone wants to know, ill be getting all this stuff from Infonec Computers - Computer parts Canada, PC Components, laptop computers, motherboards, processors, CPU's and much more and Canada Computers - Your Neighbourhood Computer Store and Service Centre - PC Systems and Hardware Components, Notebooks, Electronics, and more.

soo, whats everyone think?
Thanks

no i say stick with the q6600, it will make your computer last much longer before you have to upgrade again, the e8400 will give you .2-.3ghz faster right now but it will be outdated first.
and 4gb of DDR2 800
is much better than 2gb of 1066
because if you get crucial ballistix they can easily overclock to 1066 speeds

get this motherboard

Newegg.com - ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
if your going for the q6600

Newegg.com - ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
this one for q9450, will last longer than one above but more expensive

gonna be for gaming, rendering, animation and video conversion

Stick with the Quad, especially if the redering and animation are new programs which will chew up all the resources avalibile. Also if you get the 4 gig, you will have to have an OS that suppost 4 gig like 64-bit, otherwise it will only support about 3.5 gig, which is still good.

P.S- Sorry about my spelling but i am at school and the pc's are **** and have no spell check like my home computer :p, spelling is my weak point :D

An Update

I picked up 4Gb of OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066Mhz for like $135, $110 after the MIR.

My VC dropped in price again, $200 after MIR, so I'll probabaly SLI that now

Ive decided on the Asus Striker II Formula for a mobo, any opinions on this?

Also, can anyone help me with picking a power supply? I don't know where to find power reqs or even how to work them out.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom