my reason for being here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baraccus

Baseband Member
ok fellas, heres the snag, i want to build a intel core two duo computer. what is the least i can pay for a good system, that will stand being run 24/7 with games n programs up the arse. mainly network monitoring stuff and system stability control devices while running high end games.

using my systems current specs, with some added info here, what would be a good way to go?

im runnin a P4 2.4ghz 478pin northwood, North Bridge Intel Springdale i865PE (i have no clue how the north bridge effects speed, though ive read up on it) yea im not very bright i know. 8x agp fx5500 (if i have to buy a new video card it will put me over the top, but if the mobo has an onboard vid system that will work till i can get a pci-e card, so thats all that matters), got an sata hd that id like to get the most outa so ne info there would help, no i dont raid, no i dont have more than one hd, i dont use this comp for storage, just gaming n as i said network monitoring etc. a gig and a half of ddr ram, 184 pin (willing to accept i may have to upgrade there, if so where should i go with it?)

ne other info just needs to be requested and i can get it fer ya, ummm yea. oh right! i intend to use my case and optical drive, powersupply info on what i would need fer the dual core system would be nice, i currently have a 400w psu, stock from rosewill... umm yea.. help! lol

1. What is your budget?

2. Can we use any of your old stuff, like keyboard, mouse, monitor for this new build?

3. Are you willing to purchase from Newegg, since they are cheap?

oh yea fergot to put that, newegg is a +, my accessories are nearly new and in great working condition (i first thought u meant "can we use ne of ur old stuff" lol as in do i wanna give it to yall lol)

*edit* ok sorry rofl, umm budget, ummm... $400.... give or take..

ummm yea i edited the post , didnt get a responce so here i will put it again, im workin on around $400, give or take... depends on the final price of moving, but id like to get this taken care of before i leave, so i can benifit from newegg one last time lol.

i know...:/ but untill i can get all my paperwork taken care of for my move thats what im puttin towards it, and its just a rough estimate, but im takin whatever info i can get here.

unless you go with an amd s939 (opty 165 is prolly best), you will have to upgrade your ram in addition to your mobo, cpu and video card. in which case 400 bucks aint gonna cut it. the opteron can use your ddr ram. i think there is one asrock board that uses ddr for a c2d, but the mobo, cpu and card will add up quite a bit more than 400.00. plus, you just dont want to use ddr ram with a core 2 duo.
i dont think you will be able to upgrade to c2d for 400 bucks, sorry.
using the opty (its dual core also and a very good cpu), you can get a mobo, cpu, pci-e video card and probably a decent psu for very close to that amount. you may not need a psu if the 12v amperage is sufficient to run a pci-e video card.
if that strikes your fancy lemme know and i will post some newegg links.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom