Is my PSU strong enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MangoSalsa

Baseband Member
520HX. I want to OC my Q6700 Kentsfield and also SLI 8800GT's, enough volts? on a evga 780i mobo

PS...I already bought...it..*cringe*

please say im ok...

also, im thinking about cheap liquid cooling? Thoughts?...im so close to finishing my rig, and now im thinking about how to enhance it further....why?!? I have no idea, im coming from a 3.0 celron d e-machine...anything is better than this slow thing im on....someone! tell me to stop the addiction!!

You are ok. That psu has plenty of power for an overclocked quad core and sli 8800gts 512mb's.

Good air cooling like a Xigmatek S1283 Rifle or TRUE will be cheaper and as good or better than cheap liquid cooling.

Thats plenty, i ran SLI GTS512 and my q6600 at 3.6ghz on that psu for a while before upgrading to my 750tx.

Depends on the Liquid Cooler, if its a $250+ one teh AF7 has no chance..

the AC7 is going to be the way weaker than going water. Personally for a quad core, i suggest going to at the minimum the zigmatek rifle. I might have my Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme up for sale soon as i plan to go to water myself in the near future.

define "serious" OC'ing...because I am going to OC, I wont max out my CPU, but, I want a range thats save with just fan cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom