My Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

waltsdog

Baseband Member
Hello everyone, I was wondering if a 480watt power supply is enough to handle my 7800gtx 256 mb, 2 gb, and amd 64 4000+ processor.

This is the specs I have now, with a 480watt psu, and I have been having problems where, if I multitasked too much or tried to play a very taxing game while multitasking, the computer completely shuts down on me and restarts saying I've had a serious error. I am wondering if that is the fault of the psu?

Thanks a lot.

Depends what brand of PSU you have, If its good then 480 is enough but some case PSU`s say their wattage but they very rarely reach that.

What PSU do you have?

and it could be another fault such as memory have you tryed switching around RAM sticks?

Hi There waltsdog,
I have a 7800GTX and looking on the box, says minimum 480 W required. And that doesnt include your CPU etc..

Might have to bump up to a 580w or so, what I had to do. I have a Hiper R series which I would recommend.

Hiper are good PSU`s :) modular too, If there too expensive try Antec but hiper,OCZ and tagan PSU`s are top notch. **** didnt realise the 7800GTX sucked so much juice glad I upgraded my PSU for when I upgrade next year.

TermyBGL said:
Hi There waltsdog,
I have a 7800GTX and looking on the box, says minimum 480 W required. And that doesnt include your CPU etc..

Might have to bump up to a 580w or so, what I had to do. I have a Hiper R series which I would recommend.
Actually it does include the CPU, one video card doesnt take 480W lol.

You need to find out how many Amps are on the 12v rail, thats what powers the video card. 30A or over should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom