My potential gaming computer.

Mumrick

Beta member
So I am now going to build my first computer
and it's going to be one focused on gaming performance.
I have searched the interwebs for parts I belive would fit my
need as I do not have a real budget
but don't want to put to much money on it either.

This is what I got: Intel Core i5-4690, MSI GeForce GTX 770, NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) - System Build - PCPartPicker

I would really much like to know if this would work to be a
good gaming computer, if you can have the same performance for
a cheaper price or increase it for a lower price,
if there is any big misstakes I am making,
if there is anything I need to add etc.
I have in my current computer right now 2*4 gb ddr3 ram which I thought
I would transfer to the new setup as well as I am going to the transfer
the old dvd writer to the new setup as well.

Thanks in advance :3
//Emrick

Pretty solid build and some good choices. Yea the RAM swap over is fine and you don't really need much more right now.

Few things I would change is, the i5. You can get similar performance for cheaper getting the i5 4440. Since you don't have an overclocking chip you don't need Z97 either. If you think you may get an M.2 SSD later (probably not) then stick with the 9 series, otherwise you can get an H81 or B85 board for much cheaper with same functionality and performance.

The next thing I'll nitpick on is the PSU. Don't spend this kind of cash without getting a quality PSU. Corsair's budget line is good, but for the money just get a Seasonic S1211 620w.

Finally, just know that these sites don't ship to Sweden so prices will vary for a site that ships to your place.

Pretty solid build and some good choices. Yea the RAM swap over is fine and you don't really need much more right now.

Few things I would change is, the i5. You can get similar performance for cheaper getting the i5 4440. Since you don't have an overclocking chip you don't need Z97 either. If you think you may get an M.2 SSD later (probably not) then stick with the 9 series, otherwise you can get an H81 or B85 board for much cheaper with same functionality and performance.

The next thing I'll nitpick on is the PSU. Don't spend this kind of cash without getting a quality PSU. Corsair's budget line is good, but for the money just get a Seasonic S1211 620w.

Finally, just know that these sites don't ship to Sweden so prices will vary for a site that ships to your place.

Thank you for the answer and yes I do know that those sites don't ship to Sweden and I have already looked up Swedish sites where I can buy these products. Although living in Sweden all the prices ain't quite the same. The i5 4440 is actually more expensive then the i5 4690, but although you could possibly not know that :). Also I wonder if the Corsair CX 600W can't handle my system, or is it just that the Seasonic S1211 is of better quality, because yet again here in Sweden it is different, and the difference in cost between the PSU: s is quite a bit more than in the US…

Link me to a site that you will order from so I can choose some appropriate suggestions for you.

The CX600 will power your PSU, the quality in itself is much different compared to the Seasonic.

Back
Top Bottom