my planned PC build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see the x38 boards coming down enough in price to start being suggested to budget buyers. Most companies are trying to make the x38 chipset the enthusiast's motherboard, higher end boards coming close to the 500$ mark.

its a great board, but most x38 boards cant compete for price/performance compared to the DS3R and 35E.

I'm still in shock at how expensive the maximus extreme is....

ur right.. if u find a place that still has 975x boards... see how much its price still is...

I'd highly recommend a PSU change.. its kinda low end... probably not the most upgrade friendly thing... I'd recommend the HZ's out of those 3 u listed... because of the d9 microns.. b ut if u can get the Crucial Ballistix which overclock

ds3r is 149, the abit x38 board is 229, thats far from a 500 dollar board. Read up on the abit x38 board, thats goign to be my next board when i get my hands on 2 3870s

well then the abit board is the only exception, and that IX38 QuadGT is a stripped down verion of the rest of the x38 boards on the market, it also runs extremely hot

Like i said, the high end x38 boards, like the maximus extreme, have almost hit the 500$ mark. The great thing about the x38 boards are how high you can overclock on them. Why would you waste 200$ on a low end board?

hmm the corsair 520hx looks really good, would have thought it more suited to a 'super system' but if something's worth doing....

been hearing about crucial ballistix so somethin to consider. much cheaper than g.skill it seems. havn't heard much about geil on these forums, how does geil compare to crucial?

i've thought of january prices, at the moment this build is about £500 ($1000, afraid we don't have a newegg in england) so in jan i might buy the same for cheaper or improve a few things to match the price dependin on my wallet

depends on which Geils u are talking about.. are u talking about the Value Series or the Black Dragon ones or any of the other ones?

ok so the psu is out. that overclockers deal looks great, thanx vaanish.
the geil ram i was thinkin about is the black dragon which i'v heard a lot about and is cheaper than crucial b, although now i'v noticed the latter, it's really growing on me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom