My plan for a shiny new rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith21

Beta member
Well Here's the plan. Im mainly going to be salvaging parts off of my old computer. Its old, but ive upgraded it a few times. It is as follows:

Beige Inwin mid tower case (ugh)

Asus p2b 440bx motherboard
pentium 2 350 (slot 1)
192 mb dimm ram, 168 pin. 1 128mb stick, and a
64mb stick i got when i upgraded to xp.

Basic Floppy Drive, and Zip Drive 100mb
Lite-on cd/rw dvd-rom combo drive
2x 10 gb caviar hdd's

Nvidia 16mb Vanta Video card
Soundblaster 6-channel sound card.

Supramax 56k modem
and xp home edition. all oldies but goodies.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Soooo, anyways, im on a budget of about $200 (but can save up more), but dont suggest anything too expensive, as i am 15 and dont have a job, only chores for $7 a week.

im planning on getting this mobo and processor combo:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1578869&CatId=191

im going to get either 512 or 1gb of ram, im not sure yet. For a video card, im gonna get an nvidia xfx geforce mx 4000 128mb 8x agp.

im also going to get a good gaming case off of ebay, any suggestions you have would be nice.
I would prefer that the case has a window, and a door to cover up the drives, since they will have boring beige bezels.
I really like black cases just so you know!

anyways ill be using the cd/dvd drive, floppy drive, zip drive, hard drives, and modem from my old pc until i can upgrade to better ones (mainly the hdd's will be upgraded.)

Ill also need to buy a fan for the processor.
well, this took long enough to type, so yeah im done.

if u get a case from ebay, get one with a namebrand power supply Unit...i got one with a standered...it sux, also get atleast 350w psu..u dont need any more than that and it allows for upgrades later on...also do NOT get a mobo cpu combo from ebay, especally a overclocked one becuz they reqire high performance parts..i got suckered on that one. Most prebuit combos on tiger direct, etc usually have a crappy motherboard, i wouldnt reccomend, however, since ur on a budjet im sure some1 can tell u of a good deal...hope i helped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom