my plan now tell the end of this year in upgrading my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
Ok, so im still in the process to get a job n driving, so just want to let u guys know that im still promising on saving n spending around $3500 at the end of this year, fully upgrading my computer so to speak.

Ever since my computer went down Feb, ive been without a computer n i have everything backed up. Very recently, i tried sending an RMA for my 6600 LE to get a replacement, but it turns out that i need my invoice to complete the process, problem is, i tossed it like last year. So now, i cant get a replacement so i have to buy a new card. I also need to buy Windows XP Pro to reformat my hard drive, obviously retail, sry guys no other way unless i pirate it from my oldest bro n that's no good.

Besides replacing my graphics card n buying the OS, ive decided to upgrade my CPU to dual-core, since all games take advantage of it n i hate single cores. I first wanted FX-60, but was way overpriced n same goes with the x2 4800+ on down to x2 4200+. After i upgrade n i finally get to fully upgrade my computer at the end of the year, ill pass down my computer to my older brother since he hardly knows anything about computer parts. It will help him dearly because he games too, but he uses P4 n ATI 9250.

so anyways, ive decided to get the x2 3800+ from newegg.com, when i get the money that is. Question though, which one would u guys recommend? The Opteron 165 or stick with the x2 3800+? Just to remind u, im a gamer so ya.

for replacing my CPU so it can have juice left in the mobo. I will somewhat OC the CPU with this ARTIC COOLING MX-1 thermal grease n probably the same brand heatsink n fan. Though, i dont know if it will fit in my particular case:

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Toledo 2.0GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor - OEM

Newegg.com - AMD Opteron 165 Denmark 1.8GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Dual Core Processor - Retail

dont know if it will fit in my case:
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail

Out of Stock, but ill wait for availability:
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING MX-1 Thermal Compound - Retail

which of these 2 graphics cards should i get? I'll try to do a rebate when i get one of them since ive never done it before. I would like to get the X1650XT because of better specs.

to replace my graphics card for my 6600 LE:

Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100166L Radeon X1650XT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

roughly, i would have to spend around $530 overall, which also includes a copy of Windows XP Pro - Retail.

i appreciate ur guys help.

If you wanna spend less money go for toledo, but for some extreme ocing go for the dennmark. I would recommend the opty.

That cooler should work and the x1650XT is slighty better than 7600GT.

If you wanna spend less money go for toledo, but for some extreme ocing go for the dennmark. I would recommend the opty.

That cooler should work and the x1650XT is slighty better than 7600GT.

ya i dont want to OC that much, just maybe 200MHz or so, that's it. Between u n me, i currently have the best computer in my household, except my CPU. My dad's laptop's CPU is a Core 2 Duo i think. Actually it says Centrino Duo.

i thought so, ill go with the X1650XT.

any comments about the heatsink n fan? Is it too big for my case?

I'm not sure if it will fit in there, with that white box, in the back. It's either going to be tight, or won't fit. Why not get a bigger case, like the Cooler Master Centurion 5? or 534?

I'm not sure if it will fit in there, with that white box, in the back. It's either going to be tight, or won't fit. Why not get a bigger case, like the Cooler Master Centurion 5? or 534?

if i have enough money to get the parts i mentioned under $530 n i have more money, about $700, then ill get this case:

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE 3D AURORA GZ-FSCA1-ATB Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

ill get a new PSU later at the end of the year, supposely when i get the high-end HD 2900 above the XT, hopefully XTX if it comes out.

first things first, i need to get a job to get started. I only have money for SSBB for Wii n for 2 nunchuck controllers.

That's an awesome case. I like the 570 version, although it's like $30 more. Another good suggestion, is the Antec 900, which is quite the popular mid-tower case. Cheaper too.

That's an awesome case. I like the 570 version, although it's like $30 more. Another good suggestion, is the Antec 900, which is quite the popular mid-tower case. Cheaper too.

cool, but i want to go to full tower like my friend did.

here's his case:

Newegg.com - APEVIA X-Navigator ATXA8NW-AL/500 Silver/Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply - Retail

great case, very quiet, hasnt got the temps to work right yet though. Unlike my case, the side case fan spins over 6000 rpm, it sounds like a vaccum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom