My plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

turboxchaz

In Runtime
Ok, I know i've made several topics about me building my own computer but that was then, because it was my "dream" and now i've gotten more money in my account, paid off some stuff and yeah.

Here's what I was planning to do. Since I can't buy everything at once, I was planning on buying the core parts: CPU, Mobo, RAM, VidCard, PSU (I'm gonna use my own computer case, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, and OS for the meantime)
First of all, I have questions:
1) If I keep my hard drive in my old computer case, I can still "upgrade" my computer by replacing the cpu, mobo, ram, vidcard, and psu right??
2) My CPU is kind of low-end so is it worth OCing?

My parts I'm going to buy, the end of this month, or beginning of June (probably after school ends June 6th).

CPU: Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane 1.9GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Processor - Retail
MOBO: Newegg.com - EVGA 122-M2-NF59-TR Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
Vid Card: Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
PSU: Newegg.com - FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX400-PN, RoHS, 12cm FAN, version 2.2, 2 SATA, 20+ 4 pin, PCI Express, 400W Power Supply - Retail
RAM: Newegg.com - GeIL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

My Computer case is a mid-tower I believe.

As for my entire computer as a whole, I might need to cool it down, so what is suggested to cool the whole computer? Or must i buy individual cooling equipment for specific computer parts? and what is the difference in using fans and coolers?
Thanks

Get a Brisbane instead of a Windsor. They will run cooler, because they are on the 65nm process, compared to Windsor's 90nm.
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane 1.9GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Processor - Retail

To save you some money, get this power supply:
Newegg.com - FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX400-PN, RoHS, 12cm FAN, version 2.2, 2 SATA, 20+ 4 pin, PCI Express, 400W Power Supply - Retail
It's more than enough power for your system.

The rest, looks pretty good. You can keep your old hard drive, for the new computer, but you have to reinstall the OS, because the OS on there right now, won't recognize the new motherboard.

^^AGREE^^
also suggest you get a 590 chipset, though the 570 is supposed to be pretty good too.
and i would suggest the gskill HZ ram, they are like 15 dollars more than that geil, but that is just a personal preference, i'm sure the geil will work great.

eek good suggestions, but will they work? i dont really know the tad specifics like the nm or 590/560 stuff but what i usually do is go for the ones that are most reviewed but have the most stars..lol cuz i like to be safe.

i can OC every computer part am i right? but anyway, how much would i be able to OC the CPU brisbane?

I dunno about 590 and 570 chipsets and stuff, but what i did to refine my build was to search with most reviews and still maintain a 5 star rating lol...can i trust that mobo?

and also, you can OC almost every computer part right? anyway, how much potential is in the brisbane (how much can i get it up to)

as for getting a new hard drive, i should get an external one too huh :S

yessir it is and it allows me to hit over 330 stable eternal clock (3.13ghz) and that from my experience is woot pretty awesome.
certainly for a mobo that costs 100 bucks.
tip:
if you get the evga, watch the forceware network access manager install. if something goes wrong it is a pain in the buttocks to re-do. the only reason for installing it, and im not sure it really is worth it in any event, is that is the only way to get to the special network settings of the board.

I dunno about 590 and 570 chipsets and stuff, but what i did to refine my build was to search with most reviews and still maintain a 5 star rating lol...can i trust that mobo?

and also, you can OC almost every computer part right? anyway, how much potential is in the brisbane (how much can i get it up to)

and what is the special network settings? (or hmm maybe i should just stick with the 570)

and what is the special network settings? (or hmm maybe i should just stick with the 570)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom