My pc expert help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

railmaster7

Baseband Member
im mainly a gamer and i like having the graphics at the highest settings. I also do some photo/video editing. Im building my computer and this is what ive come up with. if you notice or know anything that may conflict or have a better idea plz let me know.

Im still missing a case. im looking for one that is not big or small but with lots of features/ports. id like it UV sensitive cuz my mobo is also. so if you have any that you like or good ratings, reviews, stuff like that i would appreciate it.

Im in kind of a loss for power sources, i need one that will support high performance parts and things.

Graphics cards
1. XFX PV-T71G-UDE7 GeForce 7900 GT EXTREME (520MHz) 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
$315.00

Fans

1. ASUS X-Mars Heat Pipes CPU Light Cooler for Socket 754/939/940 - OEM
$39.99

Ram

1. Crucial Technology Ballistix 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) System Memory - Retail

Processor

2. AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo 1GHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA4400CDBOX - Retail
$460.00

mobo

1. DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
$184.00

Thank you so much

dont get the Expert, just get the Regular SLi-DR, expert has bugs, and not compatible with somekind of Corsair memory from what i hear, and its BUGGY, get the regular SLi-DR. i Suggest 2x1gb dual channel, preferabbly OCZ, G.Skill, or Crucial.

as for the 7900GT, get from BFG or eVGA, eVGA has the superclocked version 2, and it has a lifetime warranty, and a stepup program so, yeha, im sure everyone else here would suggest for eVGA.

thats not true, as long as the mobo is socket 939, it wil support it, everyone here that has a dual core amd, and uses a DFI Lanparty UT Ultra-D or SLi-DR has no problems. its the retailers fault that they didnt list it, it supports it, no worries there. ANY socket 939 motherboard, supports ANY socket 939 Processsor.

alright whats the diff between the two

DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

does any brand of 7900GT have more features than anyother? and is it worth it to buy the "superclocked" versian for $40 more

and do i have to worry about compatibility w/
Memory Clock or
Core clock
to my X2

i was maybe thinkin
Crucial Technology 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - OEM

nah dont buy the superclocked version, you cand easily just do it oyurself.

it doesn say it supports X2, but it really does, as long as the CPU is socket 939, it is compatible, i freaked out about it last month 2, but am now reassured.

definitely get the 2 gig ram, get the eVGA regular 7900GT, not superclocked or anything, and get the UT Ultra-D instead of the SLI-DR, because u can easily mod it to SLi when u actually need it.

CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory

this is the ram im thinkin about. if i decide to get a
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce SPP 100 or a
MSI K8N Diamond Plus Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI X16 or a
Lanparty mobo
would this ram would work on all of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom