My Opty's Arrived!! Woo-Hoo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

b0dge

Hiphopapotamus.
...It's a 146. Stepping CAB2E. Could've been better, could've been worse.

Now let the overclocking begin.... Oh s*i*, I'm going away for the weekend, I'll have to wait til Monday night!! AAAARRRRGHGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any bets on what I'll get out of it on an Asrock Dual-Sata2 (Sorrry Shumway, couldn't get holdof the VSTA!)With 1.5Gb Corsair Value Select DDR400?? I'm guessing not much, maybe 2.4Ghz? Any Advance on 2.4?

my opteron 146 easily hit 2.9 ghz without a divider on my ddr500.. i think you could do 2.8 with a divider easy... the max i went with voltage was only 1.56.. but that was to achieve above 2.8 ghz.. so good luck, and i know you'll love the cpu

Good news: I'm posting this on my PC running an Opteron 146 (@2.2 so far...) and an asrock 939DUAL-SATA2. (Yay!!)

Bad news: I'm running in safe mode cos XP won't boot after a repair...

It booted the first time ok, so i proceeded to install the mobo drivers, then restarted... No bootio.. So I did a "Last known god config.." boot, and it was cool, but I had to install the drivers again. And now it won't boot again...

Any ideas?

EDIT: I just did a fresh install and everything's cool.

PS. I'm at 2.5GHz stable so far...

Hmmm, It's already at 1.45 in the BIOS (in the pic it's 1.472v)

I was wondering if it was gonna be stable, so i ran Prime95 for about twenty mins, and it was ok. ( I know, i should run it for 24 hours....)

Also, my 6800 won't oc anywhere near as much as it did before i changed the cpu and mobo, any ideas why? I'm still using coolbits to do it, but it wont go much above stock (450mhz)...

EDIT: Ah, I see you spotted the Vcore in the pic! Do you still think the 1m Pi time should be better though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom