My next gaming build plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewan's Computers

Baseband Member
Ok, so my build is as follows:

Case: Corsair Obsidian 650d (Mid-Tower)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100t Black Edition (Planning to overclock to about 4.0ghz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80 Water cooler (Looking for custom fans)
GPU: ASUS Radeon HD 6870
Mobo: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
RAM: Corsair Dominator 2000mhz 4gb
PSU: (Looking for a reccomendation)
I need:

2 custom 120mm fans for my cooler (no flashy lights please)
PSU recommendation (please note, I will be upgrading later to 8gb or 16gb ram,
crossfire on 2 6870s)+ wattage recommendation
A full guide to overclocking my phenom
An SSD recommendation (I want a lightning fast drive plz)
A wifi solution (I need a fast wifi connector/adapter/card)
...And any other ideas you guys have that you think could make this build better.

P.S: I also wanted to know if I could put a custom cooler on my 6870.

You can do a quality 650-750, Antec Earthwars or Corsair, non-cx models.

As for a wifi, get one the plugs into the pci or a usb that has a cable so you can get the antena above your tower.

I already have one of these in a box that I have never used: Belkin 802.11g Wireless Usb 2.0 Network Adapter: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
(But unlike this one it's on a stand that can go on top if the tower)
I was only wondering because this is the "G" standard instead of the "N" version.

Btw, are you sure 650w-750w will be enough for oveclocking and upgrading to more ram and crossfire in the future? (just to make sure)

any ideas for fans? or an overclocking guide?

Are you getting a Radeon HD 6870 or 6970? On your parts list it says the 6870, while asking about custom cooler you list the 6970.
650-750w psu will be enough for the 6870 crossfire, but for the 6970 you'll probably want something higher.

I just wanted to make sure I had enough power.
I think my belkin usb thingy is ok, i've tried it on my other computer and it's only slightly slower than a standard wired connection.
All I need now, to complete the rig is a dvd drive, and an ssd. For my dvd drive I was thinking of this: LG GH22NS50.AUAA 22x SATA DVDRW Drive - Bare Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
(All I need is a standard drive that can read, write, and play games)
Any help with the ssd?

I recommend this for an SSD: Newegg.com - Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAC128MAG-1G1 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

This is a great drive for the price. You'll be using the SSD for your OS and programs. Most people look at the read/write rate, but they should look at the random 4k read/write rates. This drive has very high random 4k read rates (50,000 IOPS) which will mean faster boot times and games will load faster. The vertex 3 has something like 35,000 IOPS read rates...but much higher write rates.

The C300 crushed the Vertex 3 at random read test at AnandTech...and its much cheaper.

36482.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom