My next build, going AM2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
I need a new rig, so I'm going to go AM2. And before the C2D fanatics show up - I don't want C2D, so don't bother. ;)

This is what I found:

Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127236 - $114.99

CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103747 - $169.00

RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231098 - $209.99

Video card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130066 - $279.99 (259.99 after rebate)

Some things may be revised before buying.

That stuff is about 733$ (after the rebate on the videocard) and just under 800$ after shipping. I'm doing the "pay over 500$, no payments for 6 months" dealy on Newegg...so I won't get the bill for 6 months...hopefully enough time to save up 800 bucks. :D

After I get it paid off, I'm getting a Zalman CNPS9500 and maybe the TT Armor series case (not sure yet on a case).

If anyone can find better parts for cheaper or that will be more worth the money (but not C2D ;) ) I'll appreciate it.

:)

I'm not even going to waste my time on this. Why should we help someone if they won't even listen to reason. I have no intention of promoting any more fanboyism, and I refuse to purposefully design a pathetic build.

I mean...I can understand for the newbies that don't know C2Ds exist, but for someone that's well aware of them...Good Luck, haha.

C'mon, AMD's are really good. They're cheap, they work.

Core 2 Duo's are too pricey, but I'm too tired to look, being 1:10 AM.

TriEclipse said:
I'm not even going to waste my time on this. Why should we help someone if they won't even listen to reason. I have no intention of promoting any more fanboyism, and I refuse to purposefully design a pathetic build.

I mean...I can understand for the newbies that don't know C2Ds exist, but for someone that's well aware of them...Good Luck, haha.

Because every single thread on here where people ask for parts, everyone screams C2D!!! in their face. I prefer AMD over Intel. I'm not buying the best of the best, so what does it matter?

You can't help me choose parts because I'm not buying as you would? That's pretty arrogant.

But, whatever...don't reply if you're not going to contribute.

Lol, so you're going to go AMD because everyone else gets C2D thrown in their face? The same argument twisted the other way doesn't hold much, does it?

I have one, and only one, creed when helping someone else with building a computer; Get them the best performance, for the least price. It doesn't matter if they're going for a "Best of the Best" $3000 build, or a budget $400 build, those words are set in stone. It's sort of like the Doctors' creed -- "Primum non nocere." Its Latin, it means "First, do no harm." And I don't see why it should be any different for anyone else. Asking me to work on this build for you would be like asking a Doctor to intentionally do harm to a patient.

Allow me to judge you for a second; You say you prefer AMD over Intel -- why? More than likely, its because of your experiences with AMD, and your lack of experience with Intel. You bought an AMD processor because it was the best at your time, and you liked it, and that was absolutely the perfect thing to do at the time. But note that you prefer AMD compared to a company that had been sleeping for 3 years at the time of your purchase. The Intel with Core 2 Duos today is not the same Intel that was pushing the Prescott on us in '05. At this present moment, Intel has all the characteristics that AMD had in '05, while AMD has fallen behind.

You may think that it was the company that you loved when you bought your computer. However, you would be wrong in that; A name is nothing, what you liked was what the company represented. You simply associated a name with that idea, and you have your obsession with AMD. The sooner you realize that, the better off you'll be. But hurry up, everyone else seems to have figured it out.

I prefer AMD because all my online friends, real life friends, and all my family members (who are into PC's) have ALWAYS had nothing but AMD, ALWAYS!

I've had three AMD's so far, and I will continuing buying them. It all comes down to personal preference.

Just like with ATi vs nVidia, or Corsair vs OCZ...one may be better, but if someone likes one company/part better then they should feel free to buy it.

My only condition was that it had to be AM2, why can't you just look at my build, look at some AM2 products, and compare the two? How about my video card/RAM?

Like I said, if you're not going to contribute then bugger off and let someone else.

jesus, im just lost for words why people are arguing here, he wants AMD END OF STORY!!
As he said if you dont like it then dont post, its quite simple really, no need to make people argue.

Now back on topic.

Thats a good processor(ive the same one for a year, havent overclocked as its fast enough for everything i do and all my games), that ram is brilliant, should be really fast, GPU excellent, obviously i know this because ive had the same card for about 2 months now and it runs all new games at max settings with no problems plus i cant hear it which is nice, not sure about the motherboard as ive never bought one but should do the job nicely, someone else will tell you for definite im sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom