My New System! (Check it out!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you bother reading my above reply? I guess not. You'll see why I spent so much. Charity!?!? It's my **** money, I earn't it, no one else earn't it for me, I dragged my arse out of bed every morning. No one else!
If you could swap your rig for mine, you would no questions asked. So, stop slagging it off. It's only a rig, jesus christ guys.
I have finally got something noone has, an 8 core PC. Ridiculous as it may seem. I mean whats the point in going to the moon? All of that could have gone to charity. But No! I went on a voyage to the moon, why? Because no one else had. Same case with me.

Point proven I think!!!

M733mhz said:
That basically looks like you went on newegg and just clicked on everything that was the most expensive. That power supply, is just so far beyond what you need it's ridiculous. You'll never need that amount of storage on a gaming computer. You could have gotten one hard drive for windows and one 500GB for storage and been fine on that. Also I'd love to know why you think you'll need 8GB of ram. You MIGHT need that if you're running a server. You could have gotten a 2GB set of nice DDR2 for far cheaper than what you spent. Why do you want recognition for spending a ton of money on a computer? You could have spend 1,500 and made an awesome system if you know how to pick parts. Buy what you need, not what you have money for. I wouldn't be so hard on this if it looked like you knew what you were doing and bought parts that made sense. That all just looks like the priciest crap you could find. Most games out right now won't even take advantage of a dual core, let alone two of them. So unless you have a monitor wall setup with video encoding going on while running photoshop, playing Oblivion and listening to Itunes, No I don't see a point in your system configuration, nor do I find it impressive. Also why would you want to SLI the 8800? From my understanding that doesn't really help in real life gaming, Not to mention that ONE 8800 is far more than enough to run anything on the market right now. I'm sorry I just don't see the point in that build, However, I'm not gonna say it's stupid or call you dumb, It's your money and how you want to spend it. Just my two cents on the matter.

qft.

sorry bub.

I think that PC is a waste of good technology. First of all, barely ANY games have yet to utilize dual core, and you went with 2 Quad cores. Second of all, games won't be using much more if any at all more then 3gb, so you're going to have around 5gbs just sitting around doing absolutely nothing. Thirdly you would've gotten better gaming performance if you would went with one core 2 quad and gotten 2 8800gtx's, Fourth thing you didn't even get DDR2-800.

A computer with the Core 2 Quad QX6700, 4gb of DDR2-800, and 2 8800GTX's will out perform your pc. So congratulation on spending all of that money and not even getting the best possible gaming PC.

EDIT: Also people have gotten 8 core systems before. You just don't know how to do any research. You can actually get 16 core systems, so your already behind on technology. In computers, you sir will never be the first, ever. Unless i see a picture of this running, i won't believe this is actually your computer.

I don't care if I am not the first, you people always look at NOW, what about the future when Multi-core CPU's and higher RAM's will be used. So go FU CK yourself! Your all sad lil nerds with small budgets! Think big not small, oh and for your information the Xeon's I chose are of the same architecture as the QX6700 so it's like having 2x QX6700. Oh, and you can never have to much of something especially in technical terms. You can never have TOO MUCH money or have TOO MUCH women etc, I suggest you all rethink your petty little criticisms and learn to FU CKING deal with the plain and simple fact you need to grow up a little and accept a few things in life.

Good DAY!

Well i do agree party on what some people have said with regards to what is the point of all that ram etc, and i thought "ok fairplay" to his replys to your dissing, so im now thinking well done thats a great rig, if you have the money and WANT to spend it on a pc then why not its your money.

But i would like to see some more pics of this( because im interested not because i dont believe you have this)
I dont think anyone could be sad enough to make an account on here, make up a sig and all this info just to try and impress the members, that would be just plain SAD!

this guy is an idiot with way too much money in a year or so you will be able to buy a rig liek this for half the price and twice the performance.

imo dual cores just got big at the middle of last year, quad cores just came out and arent used much, so why get 2????
sounds liek a guy who wants his e ***** to grow about 12 feet

but hey its your money do what you want

Wrath_jumper said:
I don't care if I am not the first, you people always look at NOW, what about the future when Multi-core CPU's and higher RAM's will be used. So go FU CK yourself! Your all sad lil nerds with small budgets! Think big not small, oh and for your information the Xeon's I chose are of the same architecture as the QX6700 so it's like having 2x QX6700. Oh, and you can never have to much of something especially in technical terms. You can never have TOO MUCH money or have TOO MUCH women etc, I suggest you all rethink your petty little criticisms and learn to FU CKING deal with the plain and simple fact you need to grow up a little and accept a few things in life.

Good DAY!

I thought you were pretty well spoken until i red that! if these people dont believe you have this then what do you care? why are you resorting to the f word?

Wow, Nobody got that down on your rig bud. I think it is you who needs to grow up. Being the only person who said a single curse word in the entire thread and telling us to grow up haha. I love how you come on a forum, post a thread about your new rig and expect everyone to love it. You can't always have everyone on your side, ofcourse some people are going to think your rig absolutely sucks, learn to see both sides of the argument before you go flipping out like that. Also, Yes in technical terms you CAN have too much of something. Try booting windows with more than 4GB of RAM, there was a huge thread about that a while ago, what are you doing with 8GB? You can't even actually use it haha. As far as I'm concerned, if you really did build that PC, you wasted a ton of money, not made something future proof, or something cool. I bet you the Core 2s will still be going strong for a couple of years, there's no point in thinking you can build one computer to last you ages. You can build one and have it for as many years as you like, put plain and simple you can't build the end all awesome computer, you just can't, what you build right there is already being one upped by those with the budget. Learn to build smart, not with how deep your pockets are. That's why nobody respects your rig, you don't come off as someone who knows what they're talking about, rather someone who just has a ton of money. Also being against the idea of charity doesn't help either, If you have a couple Gs to spend on a computer, you certainly could have some money to give a kid or a family down on luck a second chance. I'm sorry, but that post came off as very brash to me, Telling people to go F themselves also isn't very mature and only makes people think lower of you.

Wraith jumper, do you understand that most of us Core 2 Duo owners could go put a 8800GTX in our machines and literally be just as fast as you? "sad nerds with no budget" I lol'd at that. Some of us actually prefer to have a bigger variety of possesions other than a pc.

Just amazing. Me, a 17 year old kid, building a pc that gets more compliments than your's ever will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom