My new rig is done!!!1!!11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean W.

Fully Optimized
what up guys!?

finally, after a long labor of love, she is done... 95% done... still waiting on my seller to send me my second 6950, and im going to get a noctua NF-F12 PWM fan for the cooler.

Don't cry to me about the way the cooler is, i set it up like that on purpose, for 2 reasons, number one it wouldn't fit the other way... and number 2 i think they perform better oriented like that... all the fans are setup as intake except the top 200mm fan that is exhaust

here are the specs:

Corsair 600T
EVGA X58 SLI
i7 920@ 4.2ghz
crossfire 6950s (unlocked to 6970s)
Thermalright True extreme 120 CPU cooler

here are the pics!

First things first, before i got this case i looked at how other people were setting up this case and i got a lot ideas, and took those ideas and tweaked them... the goal of this build was to make it silent first, then perform well, also i wanted the inside to look like it was freakin empty... so this is how it turned out.

both hard drive cages in the 600T are remvable, and there is a spot just behind the powersupply where you can put one of the cages if you dont want it where they are located from the factory... well i didnt want it there so i found a better place to put it, in the optical bays, had to do a little modding to get it to fit right, just bent a couple tabs, didnt have to cut or drill anything. so i put double sided tap on the bottom of one of the cages and stuck it in the optical cage. turns out i put it in backwards, but i ran with it because this way it would look better, thats why you cant see any wires going up to the hard drives. here are the pics showing what i did with the hard drives:

20120320_164203.jpg

20120320_173322.jpg

other than that, everything else went pretty smoothly. so i dont have any other progress shots, other than showing how much thermal compound i used:

20120320_182943.jpg

here it is, all done!

20120320_192049.jpg

20120320_200048.jpg

20120320_200129.jpg

so like i said before, the goal was to make it absolutely silent, and i think i NAILED it. there is only 5 fans in the whole thing, 3 of which are 200mm fans that spin at 800RPM at 12v. the the rear fan is 120mm and the the fan on the cooler is a 120mm PWM fan, at idle its at about 600rpm. all the case fans are plugged into the built in fan controller and when i ramp them down its absolutely silent. couldnt be happier, i can actually hear the HDDs spin up and down.

Looks really good man!

I like the HSF orientation, makes sense if your rear 120 is intake.
And I really dig the HDD cage placement, very stealthy.
Is that sound dampening foam I see on the side panel, or is it just grey naturally?

Can't help but notice your PCIe cables are on the wrong side though.
Gonna have to bring them out the next grommet up and connect them from the PCB side when you get that 2nd 6950 in there.

Your rig looks really good!! I like the way it glows and how the colors works perfectly to each other. Simply amazing.;)

Looks really good man!

I like the HSF orientation, makes sense if your rear 120 is intake.
And I really dig the HDD cage placement, very stealthy.
Is that sound dampening foam I see on the side panel, or is it just grey naturally?

Can't help but notice your PCIe cables are on the wrong side though.
Gonna have to bring them out the next grommet up and connect them from the PCB side when you get that 2nd 6950 in there.

yea roark youre right, for now tho the way i wired the PCiexpress cables made the most sense... when i get the other one in ill have to re wire it.

havnt put any sound dapening material. the case is graphite grey, not black. hense the " graphite 600T "

thanks guys! it went pretty smoothly.. i just need to get a noctua NF-P12 for the rear 120mm fan and a noctua NF-F12 for the cooler, and get my second graphics card, and she will be all done! :D

i couldnt be happier with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom