My New i7 Build (56k lulz)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice rig, the case looks like it has a pretty nice layout. That CPU cooler looks awesome, how well does it cool compared to stock one?

MSI has such gay IDE wires

lol i actually liked the IDE wire so much i put in a IDE drive and didnt hide it :D

the CPU before OC was running at 30 degrees Celcius after i installed the cooler and arctic thermal snot. now after OC its at 50 degrees.

im really impressed with this chip

nah, the 7200.12 drives are almost as fast as them, and ssd's are a bit cheaper, but have much less room. so if it's gonna be an OS only drive, then ssd is where you wanna be. hehe that rhymed.

nah, the 7200.12 drives are almost as fast as them, and ssd's are a bit cheaper, but have much less room. so if it's gonna be an OS only drive, then ssd is where you wanna be. hehe that rhymed.

maybe as fast as the cheap SSD's, nothing touches the SLC SSD intel has out

yeah but they are no where near the cost.

and i was going for the 7200.12 vs Velocirapter, not 7200.12 vs SSD. SSD wins all day baby!

I run raid 5 with 5 750gb drives, and its got really nice performance with fault tolerence. Personally, i wouldnt suggest going with a stripe on a huge drive. Best bet is to pick up 2 320gb single platter drives and stripe those for the OS and use the 1tb drive for data.

Very nice!

I recently did a clean small server build with 2 1tb's in raid 1 with a stand alone 500gb for the os.

i really like that setup.

I like VW's to what do you drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom