My New i7 Build (56k lulz)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

i know

If i really was the kind of person that would do that i would also have a i7 extreme. to much money and potential nightmare.

thats just to cool for me. 4 1tbs would look really fresh in any case.

There would be lots of stuff I would change in your build. But it isn't my money.

I would go with a smaller fast HDD for the OS and a 1TB for the files than RAID 1TB drives.

coming from the kid who's planned more builds than britney spears has headlines... and hasn't built one yet....

I think it's a good build, if it works, it works. Loving the case/board setup with the wire management though. I'd only kill the IDE drive.. that'd be my only pet peeve. haha.

Nice rig, the case looks like it has a pretty nice layout. That CPU cooler looks awesome, how well does it cool compared to stock one?

MSI has such gay IDE wires

coming from the kid who's planned more builds than britney spears has headlines... and hasn't built one yet....

I think it's a good build, if it works, it works. Loving the case/board setup with the wire management though. I'd only kill the IDE drive.. that'd be my only pet peeve. haha.

I had only planned 2 builds.
First one was when I came and I was planning on building it on May which didn't happen because I was going to move to Texas.
Second one is the one I am gonna get to beat NosBoost scores which I said it will be built this year.
I am still happy with my laptop and I don't see any reason to get a faster one. I am building it to beat scores and to have experience.

Yeah i misread your earlier post. Sorry.

But yes, its not worth doing it with TB drives.
PS: Anything wrong with that case? Or would you recommend it?
Looks like its solid.

I would recomend this case to EVERYONE!!

Thermaltake finaly comes out with a NEW case and not just a successor to an older lineup and hits home run

although the "tool-less" drive bay clips are flimsey and thermaltake offeres more rugged ones on the low end M9 case. also the cards slot placeholders in the back cannot be replaced once taken off... if you notice in the pics i moved the position of the video card to make more noticable and now i have two open slots in the back.

with the different chamber i think two ati 4870x2's would look awesome! i cant go SLI cause my mobo only supports CFX... sucks. I may upgrade to the eclipse with SLI support along with another gtx280.

it would then be a sex machine and not a computer... lol

thanks for all the comments i truelly love this thing... anyone want to share some pics of your own i7 machine? or is there a thread somewhere of them cause i cant find any using the search/

I agree with the laptop part. My POShiba runs fine for what I need it for.. and I don't need anything else... I'm just taking a harmless shot at you :p <3333333333333333333333333

what is the build for later going to be?

I agree with the laptop part. My POShiba runs fine for what I need it for.. and I don't need anything else... I'm just taking a harmless shot at you :p <3333333333333333333333333

what is the build for later going to be?

I am just waiting for the hardware to be able to hit 30k 3dmark06 so I can have #1 for some time and to be the first one to hit 30k in this forum.
I already have 2k saved and my mom is still thinking of buying a house for me and my brothers to live. If she does, I can have a cascade build.

Yeah i could save $70 by getting the Gigabyte DS4 that doesnt support SLI, but instead im getting the standard P6T.

I run raid 5 with 5 750gb drives, and its got really nice performance with fault tolerence. Personally, i wouldnt suggest going with a stripe on a huge drive. Best bet is to pick up 2 320gb single platter drives and stripe those for the OS and use the 1tb drive for data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom