My new gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pecans

Solid State Member
Okay, this is a wish list containing all the parts I plan to order to create my dream gaming machine :p
Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg
Will it all work together? Will it be easy to put together? First time system builder here, I am excited but nervous. I don't want to mess anything up. Please offer any advice you tech geniuses can!

did u notice that the HDD u picked is an IDE
this is a cheaper 320GB with 16mb of cache
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
if u need less here is a 250GB
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

u dont need 750w if ur not going to SLI/CF or if ur going to sli/cf in the future tell me
Newegg.com - Rosewill RP500-2 ATX12V v2.01 500W Power Supply 115/230 V CSA, UL, TUV, FCC - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - Antec True Power Trio TP3-550 550W ATX12V Power Supply with Three 12V Rails 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, FCC, TÃœV, CE, C-tick, CCC, CB - Power Supplies
or one of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...mpareItemList=N82E16817182010,N82E16817182017

GPU: go with HD4870 or HD4850 both of them are better than 9800gtx

CPU: go with q6600 they overclock very high and the 4 cores will be useful soon

HDD2: i just noticed the other hdd y are u getting 2 hdd?

Case: it is ur choice but my suggestion is the Antec 900 and NZXT Tempest
nzxt tempest has a mail and rebate

memory: Newegg.com - CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory or Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more! there is other cheaper memory

motherboard: get the 780i FTW Newegg.com - EVGA 132-YW-E178-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI FTW ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards they are better (100% solid capacitors, 8 phrase power, etc...) im not really sure about 780i ftw because i havent heard alot about it. why are u going with a nvidia board? are u going to sli? how about an intel board they are better and more stable.

monitor: how about a 24"?

Thank you very much. I am actually planning on probably running 2 video cards later on (SLI or whatever). Thank you verrrry much everyone. Does anyone have any advice on how to actually construct it better? Like how to do a good wiring job and what not? Thanks again.

um lots of fixing again
u dont need that dominator ram u can save some money on other ram
get a XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 or S1284 cz they seem to be great for quads

why are u getting a 750w for just a single card
and if ur going to get a second then y are u getting a 22"
u need at least a 24" to get advantage of SLI or CF

Ok heres the problem... I recommended a Corsair 750tx, thinking you wanted Crossfire in the future, however seeing that you only have a 22'' Monitor, one would be just fine.. (then you can consider dropping to the 550vx even)

Go with the 750tx if you upgrade the monitor to atleast a 24'' and plan on CrossfireX those HD 4870's otherwise don't...

And why those Dominators?!

You have a VGA cooler but no CPU Cooler, check the Xigmatek Rifle out, or the RCX-Z775 if you're on a budget (it performs almost as well)

Okay, fixed those by upgrading to a 24 inch screen and got the Xigmatek CPU cooler. I dropped the dominators (can someone explain what's wrong with them just because I'm curious, not to question you guys or anything) and picked up 4gb Gskill ram. Price is fine, don't want to exceed $1600 though if possible. Any other feed back? I plan on xfiring it later on, but for now I just want something nice that I can expand upon later on. Thanks for all the feedback :)
Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg
I just picked up 4 computer magazines also so I am going to run through them to see if there is any other cool things to put in this bad boy :p
I just want to let you guys know how much I appreciate your help! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom