Please Read Through It All,
I just recently upgraded my computer...
I put everything in it..
6800gs
450watt Xion powersupply
Neon Lights
3 new 80mm fans
2.8 prescott Pentium 4 HT

I tried to put everthing in it, then i found out i didnt have enough power to power it all... the powersupply only had 4 (4pin) connectors) and it couldnt power everything....
I then tried adding another powersupply + found out that that wasnt possible, to have two powersupplys going on at the same time... but im afriad if i get 4 pin splitters it couldnt support all of the devices and fans i have in my case..

Once i got rid of my DVD burner and some of the neon lights.. i found that my Cpu Cooler didnt fit my new motherboard..
I got a cpu cooler from newegg and it didnt come with a retentsion bracket to fit it on the cpu... (heres the link)
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16835103426

I tried to use another cpu cooler and it didnt fit.. but i taped it so it would hang on. That wasnt a good idea.. it worked for about 4 mins b4 shutting off cause of the cpu was gettin too hot

So i need to get a new cpu cooler or get the retention bracket around $30, thats perferably (70, 80, or 90mm fan compatable)
and i need to get a good powersupply around or less than $50
i would perferably like to get everything at newegg.com

Thanks for giving me any links/support

the wattage dosent mean much the fortron has 10a more on the 12v rails then the rosewill one does and when i asked if i should ge the rosewill for my buiuld everyone said no.

if your gonna get a PSU now a days get one that has dual 12v rails.

PS: you sig looks nice now.

Yeah i like my sig too... anyways.. is there any other ones that have dual 12v but have some look to them... i mean i like having performance, but i like my pc to look nice to....... PS: thanks for your constant support, noone else has commented yet.

Rosewill's have gotten a lot better then they had been. Caught a lot of flak a while back about getting one but the voltages were stable as can be and it still powers my intel box (Power hog!!!!!! )

i dont have a real power demanding computer.. so im not looking for pure performance.. i want looks along with dependability..
I am asking if rosewell would do alright.
Is there any other1s i can get thats around $50 and is either black or has leds.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom