My New Build, need help choose the parts! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-08-2007, 04:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 32
Default My New Build, need help choose the parts!

I've come accross these parts for my new computer and I would like to hear some of your opinions please.

Motherboard: Newegg.com - ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
Processor: Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Windsor 2.6GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Processor - Retail
Memory: Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Video card: Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N636-AR GeForce 7950GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

Would I be better off getting a 512MB 7950GT (Newegg.com - BFG Tech BFGR7950512GTOCE GeForce 7950GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 OC Video Card - Retail) or that 256MB is good enough?
and would it better for me to buy a aftermarket cooler to replace my Processor and video card stock cooler even if I don't overclock them?

Thank You.
__________________

badboyzz77 is offline  
Old 06-08-2007, 05:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 330
Default Re: My New Build, need help choose the parts!

I would spend 20 bucks more and goe for the P6N
__________________
CPU: e6320 W/ Zalman CNPS9700 @ 2.8
MOBO: MSI P6N PLATINUM
RAM: 2gigs G. Skill HZs
VID: EVGA 8800 GTS 640mb @ 625/1025
CASE: NZXT ZERO
HD: WD1600YS
PS: CORSAIR 520HX
MONITOR: CHIMEI 22in
OS: VISTA HOME PREMIUM 32bit
nerdygeek is offline  
Old 06-08-2007, 05:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: ...
Posts: 474
Default Re: My New Build, need help choose the parts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyzz77 View Post
I've come accross these parts for my new computer and I would like to hear some of your opinions please.

Motherboard: Newegg.com - ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
Processor: Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Windsor 2.6GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Processor - Retail
Memory: Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Video card: Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N636-AR GeForce 7950GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

Would I be better off getting a 512MB 7950GT (Newegg.com - BFG Tech BFGR7950512GTOCE GeForce 7950GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 OC Video Card - Retail) or that 256MB is good enough?
and would it better for me to buy a aftermarket cooler to replace my Processor and video card stock cooler even if I don't overclock them?

Thank You.
get an intel e6600 for ure cpu, and a evga 8800 gts 320mb gfx.
khan008 is offline  
Old 06-08-2007, 06:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Master Techie
 
baron5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,984
Default Re: My New Build, need help choose the parts!

everything maroon1 said is great. the core 2 duo's destroy the amds right now. although u could o/c and amd to have lil or same perf than a c2d at stock. but if your not o/c go for the c2d. with the motherboard u have a couple of choices. if ur not gonna use sli get a gigabyte ds3 or sum of the abit p965 motherboards are great for the price. with the graphics cards def. try invest in the 8 series nvidia very very powerful cards. otherwise the a ATI x1950xt would be your best bet if u want budget. alast the ram. gskill is the best right. the hz's are very good set of ddr800 but if u need sumthin cheaper the NQ's are also very good.
__________________
<<<Please give me Rep if I have helped you<<<

I7 930 @ 4GHz : Noctua D-14
Gigabyte X58A-UD7 : Asus GTX 480
G.Skill Trident 1600MHz 6-8-7-18 : Samsung F3 1TB
OCZ Vertex 2 50GB : Silverstone RV02 Case
Silverstone Strider Plus 1Kw : Sony DRU-870s Optical
Samsung P2350 Monito
r

baron5 is offline  
Old 06-08-2007, 01:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 32
Default Re: My New Build, need help choose the parts!

Are Elitegroup motherboards any good? Newegg.com - ECS NF650iSLIT-A (V1.0) LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail is there a better motherboard around that price?

Which video card is better EVGA Newegg.com - EVGA 320-P2-N811-AR GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail or a Leadtek Newegg.com - Leadtek PX8800 GTS TDH 320MB Extreme GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail
badboyzz77 is offline  
Old 06-08-2007, 01:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Stanton, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,017
Send a message via AIM to psp_crazy1
Default Re: My New Build, need help choose the parts!

get a x1950xt 512mb or a 8800gts 320... dont get a 7950, an x1950xt beats it.
__________________
AMD 4850 - e4300 / Tuniq
Gigabyte DS3 - Gskill NQ 2gb
WD 200gb - Hitachi 60gb
Ultra ATX wizard case - Xcilio 500 watt


Toshiba Satellite A305
Sony Vaio VGN-BX560B
Sony Vaio (P3, 256mb RAM)
psp_crazy1 is offline  
Old 06-08-2007, 02:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
veg1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,993
Default Re: My New Build, need help choose the parts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psp_crazy1 View Post
get a x1950xt 512mb or a 8800gts 320... dont get a 7950, an x1950xt beats it.
xt 512 mb isn't worth it because for that price range u can get a 8800 gts 320 mb, i say if u chose the xt get the 256 mb and overclock it to XTX speeds easily if u choose the Sapphire
__________________
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.


.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
veg1992 is offline  
Old 06-08-2007, 02:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Stanton, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,017
Send a message via AIM to psp_crazy1
Default Re: My New Build, need help choose the parts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernong1992 View Post
xt 512 mb isn't worth it because for that price range u can get a 8800 gts 320 mb, i say if u chose the xt get the 256 mb and overclock it to XTX speeds easily if u choose the Sapphire
i have a 512mb version of it... well more like a x1900xt but theres only like a 3 fps gain max on games... after my part comes in the mail, ill tell you how fast it is (its due monday ) but yes choose sapphire, i have an ati... i got it used, oem, and without a fan for 90 bucks w/ shipping. and it works O_O. just put a 100mm fan full blast and then a 120mm on it, and you dont need a new aftermarket cooler
__________________
AMD 4850 - e4300 / Tuniq
Gigabyte DS3 - Gskill NQ 2gb
WD 200gb - Hitachi 60gb
Ultra ATX wizard case - Xcilio 500 watt


Toshiba Satellite A305
Sony Vaio VGN-BX560B
Sony Vaio (P3, 256mb RAM)
psp_crazy1 is offline  
Old 06-08-2007, 02:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
veg1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,993
Default Re: My New Build, need help choose the parts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psp_crazy1 View Post
i have a 512mb version of it... well more like a x1900xt but theres only like a 3 fps gain max on games... after my part comes in the mail, ill tell you how fast it is (its due monday ) but yes choose sapphire, i have an ati... i got it used, oem, and without a fan for 90 bucks w/ shipping. and it works O_O. just put a 100mm fan full blast and then a 120mm on it, and you dont need a new aftermarket cooler
i never mentioned an aftermarket cooler.....
__________________

__________________
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.


.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
veg1992 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First build, suggestions asim8787 New Systems | Building and Buying 10 12-10-2007 07:13 AM
Rate my new build - and help choose my motherboard. RGELLIS New Systems | Building and Buying 12 06-04-2007 08:12 PM
Advice on Purchasing Computer - XPS 710 or what Parts Ragnos New Systems | Building and Buying 41 06-03-2007 05:15 PM
Awesome X2 Overclockers Budget Gaming Build Sora New Systems | Building and Buying 10 04-07-2007 01:43 PM
Ideal parts for a build? RisingFalls New Systems | Building and Buying 1 04-06-2007 10:27 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.