My New Build!

Lol it's not so much rather you have space or whatever, it's just that it's huge for a basic computer. I have a full water loop and 5 drives in this HAF 922 and still some room to spare and it's what I would call a large mid tower.

NZXT fans are 200mm, it's just the mounting holes only align to NZXT cases. I bought the high CFM NZXT 200mm fan and it didn't work in my HAF so that's how I know the reverse wont work.

I would chose either the Asus or the ASRock. I prefer ASRock myself.

Difference between the two video cards would be noticed purely in gaming.

Edit: Just saw the above post ^^ I don't recommend any PC speakers as I think they are all kinda crap. I think if you want something that sounds delicious then you need a good A/V and studio monitors or a good set of cans. That requires an external DAC and high quality amp too.

Okay so if you had £180 (US$290) to spend on a set of speakers what would you do? Also I meant to ask if there was any particular reason for recommending the Samsung over the Crucial?

Thanks again!

Okay so if you had £180 (US$290) to spend on a set of speakers what would you do? Also I meant to ask if there was any particular reason for recommending the Samsung over the Crucial?

Thanks again!
I would try to find a Z5500 set on sale with that kind of money. Or try to piece some sort of studio monitor / AV setup together.

The Samsung has faster speeds with better reliability.

Thanks again!
You don't need to spend £180 on some speakers ._.
You seriously don't need some £180 Speakers. I don't really know why people are mentioning studio audio and things because if For some reason you're wanting proper studio quality audio in your Bedroom/Living room, I'd Forget about your PC, sell your car/house/kids, take out a loan and start saving. As I said earlier to check out Logitech's 5.1 Speaker range. I don't know if my reply to your post about the X530's was ignored or if you had a chance to read it, Forgive me I've been communing between 2 different Forums and trying to read as many Threads as I can, and you obviously don't have to take my advice, but at least check them out. If I was you I really wouldn't spend that kind of money on some speakers that will be just the same as some speakers that cost £60-80. So why not save yourself 100 Pounds? For your needs, that being video editing/whatever you chose to do, you will 100% NOT need some 200 Quid Fancy rip-off studio-like speakers. You can pick up a more than decent 5.1 System, 7.1 System or if you're wanting to stick with a simple 2.1 System From places like Maplin Electronics or even Argos. I know that PC World/Currys do superb deals on speaker systems. I know you're wanting to take your advice From somebody like PP Mguire seeing as he knows a great deal about almost everything Tech. But the only or main reason is that Mguire doesn't really recommend any Speakers is because he is/was involved in Studio industry, so I'm guessing that he's use to Top of the range stuff, The X530's/Z506's I mentioned really aren't bad at all. For your needs they will do everything and beyond your expectations. I know it's your money, but I cannot urge enough at how much you don't need to spend all that dosh.

Last edited:
You don't need to spend £180 on some speakers ._.
You seriously don't need some £180 Speakers. I don't really know why people are mentioning studio audio and things because if For some reason you're wanting proper studio quality audio in your Bedroom/Living room, I'd Forget about your PC, sell your car/house/kids, take out a loan and start saving. As I said earlier to check out Logitech's 5.1 Speaker range. I don't know if my reply to your post about the X530's was ignored or if you had a chance to read it, Forgive me I've been communing between 2 different Forums and trying to read as many Threads as I can, and you obviously don't have to take my advice, but at least check them out. If I was you I really wouldn't spend that kind of money on some speakers that will be just the same as some speakers that cost £60-80. So why not save yourself 100 Pounds? For your needs, that being video editing/whatever you chose to do, you will 100% NOT need some 200 Quid Fancy rip-off studio-like speakers. You can pick up a more than decent 5.1 System, 7.1 System or if you're wanting to stick with a simple 2.1 System From places like Maplin Electronics or even Argos. I know that PC World/Currys do superb deals on speaker systems. I know you're wanting to take your advice From somebody like PP Mguire seeing as he knows a great deal about almost everything Tech. But the only or main reason is that Mguire doesn't really recommend any Speakers is because he is/was involved in Studio industry, so I'm guessing that he's use to Top of the range stuff, The X530's/Z506's I mentioned really aren't bad at all. For your needs they will do everything and beyond your expectations. I know it's your money, but I cannot urge enough at how much you don't need to spend all that dosh.
Actually I did more live stuff than studio but I do know quite a bit of audio. Probably more than computers. You can put together a decent audio setup for under 500 if you know where to look. Obviously idk any places over the big pond which is why I can't really recommend anything. Personally if I had the cash I would have a nice stereo studio bookshelf setup with a class A amp, coming from an external DAC into a 2 channel mixer with a compressor/limiter/EQ loop and a crossover for a sub. Minus the extra audiophile crap you can get the DAC and studio boolshelf speakers eliminating the need for an expensive sound card rather cheap. They will sound better than most if not all 2.1 setups you can buy for PCs.

Try to remember, PC speakers suck. All of them. That's why I don't recommend them. SNR and frequency response suck, then you have the terrible class D amps used which are of very low RMS wattage to begin with. Something like the X530s are a cheap solution to put sound in your face that don't sound like complete garbage and don't break the wallet. I'll give them that, but I just can't recommend any form of PC speakers. It's not just the PC speakers either, I hate most gaming headsets too and the virtual 5.1 nonsense is ridiculous. Money is more well spent in a good set of cans than a 2.1 setup.

Edit: I'll add this, I have the JBL Creature 2 2.1 setup and have had them for 7 years this year. They are a little 80w setup but sound good. But the only reason I have them is because I received a 50 dollar Amazon gift card and couldn't find something else to blow a little money on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom