My new build.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGlazer

In Runtime
I'm planning for a new build, and I would like some feedback.

Phenom II 965, 125W.
Asus Crosshair 3
DominatorGT 2x2GB am3
Seagate 7200.12 1TBx2 in raid 0
Antec 902 or Zalman GS1000 case.
GPU will depend............. probably 4890x2
Question on PSU........ Will the Corsair HX650 be enough to run the above setup? I was also looking at the Antec New 750W Modular......... I want a modular powersupply; but I have a feeling the PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750 is the way to go............

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thx!

I would buy the HD5870 instead of the two HD4890. It will max out any game out there and you can add another one later on.

I would strongly advise against a RAID 0 between 2 1TB drives, the HX650 will be enough.

Why is that? The HX650 will be able to run 5870 crossfire? For future purposes?

Farinha, thx for the link. I live in vancouver, bc; and the price of the 5870 is equal to the cost of two 4890s............

Because a setup like that has a good chance of failing and loosing 2TB of your data.

What do you recommend then? I've never had a raid 0 setup before; but from what I know, it's 2 HDs sharing the work load, and therefore, faster than 1 single HD...........

get a SSD for your harddrive if u want fast performance. although it might be pricey, its safer than the Raid 0

Not really stability as such it's just the way that type of RAID works. Because the data is striped across the array with no parity at all, in a two disk array half the data is on each drive so if 1 drive fails you loose all your data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom