my new AM2 system

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty good except i think you should invest in a better cpu heastink fan. i haven't heard too many good things about gigabyte cpu fans but since you're using a mATX case you might not be able to go much bigger (size). I'd say get a Zalman or Thermaltake but you might not be able to fit it in.

jordo_99 said:
i've got a Zalman CNPS9500
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118223

here's the top two Thermaltake ones

Big Typhoon
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835106061

Mini Typhoon
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835106075

I've heard tons of good stuff about the Zalman i got and the Big Typhoon. I think the mini would be good if you don't have enough space for the other two.

I think all those will be too tall to fit or cool efficiently in a mATX case.

You could just get a fan with a light on it and put it on your current heat sink.

AMD stock heat sinks do a pretty good job - if you're worried about it take some fine grit sand paper in 300, 600, 1200 grits and lap it. Wet sanding is the best and it will keep it pretty clean during sanding.

k

no beleive me...i got the room, lemme go measure how big it is...k the case is 7 inchecs wide, so figuring in the mobo and everything, i got about 6 inches...i would go with watercooling, but i never realy liked teh concept of having water in a pc...its a nice case, the internal dimensions are (L*W*H) 13*7*13 inches, its huge inside, it may use a micro atx mobo, but uses a full atx ps, has 2 external 5.25 bays, 1 external 3.5 and 2 internal 3.5, with 2 120mm fan and 2 80mm fan openings, plus i got a window instaled, and already got the lighting in it, its a bad *** case, got purple neon rope around the edges of the front bezel(under the clear part) so it lights up the whole front a deep purple, and the inside radiates blue from the front and top...plus its got a handle on top and a hanle on the front, its a bad *** case, just needs parts

EDIT:

k i checked all of those fans, and they would all fit, every one of them, im tellin u my case is pimp, got the capacity for it, case cooling aint a prob, just gotta plug the fans in, thats the only prob, but most fans ship with a 3pin to molex converter, so i should be good. also heres some photos so u can see the space i got

77dd0a43.jpg

front shot

oc_0011.jpg

my cheap *** verison of cable management....notice the adapter

oc_0010.jpg

notice how big the opening is?

also, those were taken when it was still working, now its gutted

Wow i'm getting tired repeating myself.

You keep picking mobos with integrated video cards!! ..................

And wtf is that PSU? You're gonna pay 160$ for a nuts Wattage PSU when you can buy a better one for 60-80$??

and that big typhoon, are you all blind? Now im talking to the people who suggested him the big typhoon, its not even half compatible with AM2 sockets...... use you'r brain! don't just advice on stuff! this guy was gonna pay 40$+ because he trusts you to know your stuff and you're messing up like this?

So.. get the mobo I suggested, a 450~500wattage antec or enermax psu, or FSP Forton group and you're good to go...

-Jo

What is the video cooling for? You're putting a video card in it, so that's a waste of money. Whats the light for if you're going to use that HP case? Another waste of money. Why do you need better CPU cooling? MY 3800+ pulls 2.65ghz on the stock cooling (that heatsink that comes in the box with the CPU) just fine. Lots of money wasted.

i just assumed that processors and whatnot dont come with cooling....k now i know, the vid cooling is becasue the cooling on my card is shot, its got a custom windows in the side panel, thats the lighting...and i plan to oc a bit. k yoad, the reason i aint takin ur mobo is because the case is a matx, and a atx mobo is way too big..i dont wanna waste money on a case...but i will waste money on lighting..then again i got some yesterday, so im gonna take that off. ill go with stock cooling then for the cpu, but the vid card needs cooling. i cant find a mobo without integrated video, so ill live with that, i aint gonna be doing extreme gaming, just lan parties and such, halo, hl1 etc...low settings. hope this clears some things out, i dont want this pc to crush all others in its wake, just play some games with out lag, mostly a replacement for my old pc that died on me..heck i was perfect with my old pc, it was a p3 1.0ghz, 133mhz fsb, 512mb ram, 120gb hdd space, cd burner, dvd drive, 250watt ps...it was good for me and the games we play, i just need an upgrade/replacement...

now, the psu, trying to find a good reliable one, because once i build this, i aint messin with it, k the psu, its GOT TO HAVE THE FAN ON TEH BOTTOM!!! a fan at teh to aint gonna work, because the top of the ps is flush with the top of the case...

powersupply

edit:
last thing..the vid card NEEDS cooling...will
this
work with
this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom