Is my Neo4 Platinum detecting both cores of my Opty 165?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Istasi

Baseband Member
Hey guys.

Last night I put together my new rig, and after a few minor hiccups, got it up and running. I'm using an MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum Motherboard and an Opteron 165 processor.

However, I just ran CPU-Z and on the bottom where you can select what core to look at, it doesn't give me a choice (it's grayed out.) Does this mean my mobo isn't reading both cores? How can I tell if it is?

Also, I already updated the BIOS using MSI's Live Update.

Press ctrl. alt and delete, do two graphs come up? If not, try flashing the BIOS. Remember when flashing, check that it is the correct BIOS for the motherboard, find a forum, if they say its terrible, find oiut which one they do like. Then check it is for your mobo, and check again before you flash the BIOS.

Flashing the wrong BIOS will mean that you need to get a new BIOS chip from MSI, probally at your expense.

The two I have right now are CPU Usage and PF Usage, so I know it's not detecting the second core. I flashed the BIOS using MSI's Live Update utility, but it still doesn't detect.

Alright, I got it figured out. The Dynamic Overclocking options in the BIOS were preventing it from reading the second core.

How old is the motherboard? You could swap it for one that does if it is a week old or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom