My mineral oil project

A typical PC fan wont hold out for long under the stress, the coil would burn out quickly. BUT, they do make high torque low speed fans that would cope far better with a heavy fluid.

Second, once the oil is saturated in heat, it's saturated.

I would honestly go that route for fun, it's nothing more than a conversation piece IMO, not practical.

Would be interesting to have a slim tank sitting in place of a clear window for pweety bubble effects...

The OP didn't actually say he was going to buy anything from them. He did post one of Puget Systems's videos though.
That's what I was getting at...

It sounded like you were assuming that he was buying stuff from them just because he posted a video from them.

A typical PC fan wont hold out for long under the stress, the coil would burn out quickly. BUT, they do make high torque low speed fans that would cope far better with a heavy fluid.

Second, once the oil is saturated in heat, it's saturated.

Yeah, those are the couple of points I was hinting at in my previous post.

He actually specified in the OP that he is getting a 5 gallon tank. The video was merely a demonstration of what he wants to do.

Quite impractical to me. I would rather waste time and money putting a PC under single stage, but to each his own.

He actually specified in the OP that he is getting a 5 gallon tank. The video was merely a demonstration of what he wants to do.

Quite impractical to me. I would rather waste time and money putting a PC under single stage, but to each his own.
It does look cool though. A functioning pc submerged in what looks like water is awesome.

A good mineral oil setup, and I mean GOOD setup that is portable and wont leak if it tips over will cost just as much as a good phase setup IMO.

I'm mostly doing this just to say I can and that I did. Currently I have the CPU, MoBo, RAM and GPU. I still need to get a PSU and another SSD.

Back
Top Bottom