My high end July 22nd Build so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
Is as follows ( comments appreciated, also if you know the answer to my questions in each section, please answer them, much appreciated! ):
( BTW I already have a EVGA 8800 GTX and 2 gigs of Gskill ddr 800 HZ ram )

Processor: waiting for July 22nd to either getting the e6750 or the infamous q6600. I'm 70% leaning towards the q6600, if the e6750 is still 200 dollars on July 22nd, then FOR SURE Im getting the q6600. Does it matter if I order OEM or retail processors?

Mobo:
Giga P35C-DS3R
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35C-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
( dunno if the fact that it can support DDR2 or DDR3 means its more buggier like b1gap said )

Case:
Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail
Newegg.com - Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail
( couldn't really find a better full tower case, the reviews ranged from very good to great...still it has its flaws...and the front view is kinda plain, this model has no side fan, and I fear a GTX will be blocked with the side fan )

HSF:
Tuniq Tower 120
Newegg.com - Tuniq Tower 120 P4 & K8 CPU Cooler - Retail
( might as well just get it from newegg to save on shipping, at svc its only 5 bucks cheaper... )

HD:
Seagate 7200.10
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (Perpendicular Recording) ST3320620A 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive - OEM
( Sad decision to leave the WD raptor...but the seagate is a much better deal I guess...is this the right url for the model everyone gets? How hard is to Raid 0 them? I really want too eventually...but just 1 for now since they are oh so cheap )

Also do I get the OEM or Retail model?

DVD Drives:
Anyone recommend any good ones? I want that Sony DVD RW blah blah drive that is like 40-50 something, and maybe another good brand DVD drive

PSU:
Corsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W
Corsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power Supply at ZipZoomfly
( hopefully it will provide enough power )

and this dandy MX-1 Thermal paste that b1gap recommends over AS5
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING MX-1 Thermal Compound - Retail
( I just need 1 right?....do I even use the thermal paste provided by the tuniq tower or is that one generic and sucks? )

Soundcard:
X-Fi xtreme gamer 7.1 soundcard, already got my 5.1 speakers that I never use ( switch em to 2.0 since the rear speakers are too inconvinant )
Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail

anything else I'm missing?

the tuniq tower 120 doesnt come with a fan i think.

also get a SATA drive instead of a PATA
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

ill go for OEM just because it is cheaper than retail. when you buy the retail version, your only getting a fancy box

it doesn't come with a fan? are you sure? Cause the picture shows it with a fan...also thanks for giving the right url, I dont even know the differance between a SATA or PATA. The OEM stuff still gets instructions and all the accessories right?

sata is faster then pata..and pata is outdated...and since you have sata..might as well use it

plus the wiring between sata and pata is no competition....

Gabb,

Looks good but do keep in mind that the q6600 will be around $300-$375 roughly. Not trying to burst your bubble just want to make sure you aren't surprised when you don't see them for $266.

Also get the SATA HD as it will be better over the long term.

The Tuniq Tower 120 does come with a fan so do not worry about that. Overall very nice build.

I am aware most people think I am full of **** when I say you wont see the prices Intel quoted because they are the price per 1,000 units. This will be my last time mentioning it all I can say is talk to retailers and do some research and come to your own conclusions. If you are holding off in hopes of saving roughly $50 I can respect I just don't want to see people disappointed. The price for the e6750 will be around $289 which will be cheaper than the q6600 that will be around $330 (rough guess).

Either will be a good purchase it just comes down to how much you are willing to spend.

it doesn't come with a fan? are you sure? Cause the picture shows it with a fan...also thanks for giving the right url, I dont even know the differance between a SATA or PATA. The OEM stuff still gets instructions and all the accessories right?

The Tuniq's fan is inside. That's why you don't see it.

The difference between SATA and PATA, is the transfer rates and size of the cable. SATA is much smaller and a little faster. The cable makes it easy to route the cables, where you want them.

The OEM means, you just get the product itself. No cables, box, or manual. Don't worry, your motherboard has the require cables.

Gabb,

Looks good but do keep in mind that the q6600 will be around $300-$375 roughly. Not trying to burst your bubble just want to make sure you aren't surprised when you don't see them for $266.

Also get the SATA HD as it will be better over the long term.

The Tuniq Tower 120 does come with a fan so do not worry about that. Overall very nice build.

I am aware most people think I am full of **** when I say you wont see the prices Intel quoted because they are the price per 1,000 units. This will be my last time mentioning it all I can say is talk to retailers and do some research and come to your own conclusions. If you are holding off in hopes of saving roughly $50 I can respect I just don't want to see people disappointed. The price for the e6750 will be around $289 which will be cheaper than the q6600 that will be around $330 (rough guess).

Either will be a good purchase it just comes down to how much you are willing to spend.

Alright thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. I guess theres no use debating really, we will just have to wait and see, although the q6600 is already being sold at frys for 350 and the e6750 sold elsewhere for like 205?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom