My graphical upgrade FAILed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

welo78

Solid State Member
i bought a new HD 6670 ATI graphics card but ... whenever i start a computer after a longer period of time like i turn it off at night and start it in morning it is showing a black screen with sign NO VIDEO INPUT like my graphics card is not plugged in or what ...

and also a sign from AMD that no graphics driver is installed or the AMD driver is not functioning properly ...weird because when i first installed the graphics it went fine ... untill i turned the PC off.... i could reset computer.... so i plugged my cable to the onboard NVIVIDA graphics and used driver sweeper coz i thought my PC cant cooperate with a NVIDIA driver onboard aswell .. well that sort it out for that day next morning again ! ... so i reinstalled my PC with the graphics card in aswell and today morning i have the same problem .... could it be that the graphics uses 400W PSU and i only have a 350 W ?

the card cant be faulty because it works fine on games and other stuff its just that when i turn off the PC it like wont load or something i have in bios DISABLE IF NO EXTERNAL CARD IS IN it could be that my PC cant recognize my card and so he starts with my onboard ...

could it be that the graphics uses 400W PSU and i only have a 350 W ?
Good god man, what have you done? This is your problem. What are your specs I want to know exactly what kind your PSU is and until we sort this out I highly suggest going back to what you had before before you blow somehing.

its not like my PC is about to blow i read that people use HD 6670 on 250 W dell PSUs ... i have a ****ty EUROCASE standard 350 W PSU ... E2200 dual core processor and 2 GB ram ... its like the PC need to get warmed up with the onboard VGA or something and then the graphics work ... i am right now on the HD 6670 and playing arma 2 jsut fine ... i was kinda experimenting now with driver sweeper and installed the DRIVERS again .... now it works fine again idk why just like the other two times i mentioned ... but i am 100 percent sure that when i turn off PC and start it tommorrow it wont start again ...

Well actually you can blow the PSU and if that happens it could take the rest of the machine with it but don't listen to me it's not like you came here for advice but yet you believe everything else on the internet.

What's happening is your PC is maxing out the current and your graphics card "stumbles" when this happens the OS freaks and your drivers crash and this can often lead to stability problems and driver corruption. The reason why it works fine after you finally get booted is because the drivers stop working and windows uses generic drivers and then when you shut down and reboot it then tries to use the now corrupted drivers.

This is as far as I understand it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong this was Layman's terms. Now my immediate shot at a solution is the obvious GET A GOOD PSU!!!

You need to swap your PSU, thats the obvious problem here as it wants 400 w and you can only supply 350, which is under powered, despite what people are using online. Its a cheap and easy thing to upgrade.

But the odd part is it should boot but not run games. But, your psu might hate being cold.

650W is a total waste, 550W will be fine, AMD specs 500 for xfire!

Look for more than Watts, check amps too, which most likely is your current issue.

Just like you don't fly an airplane on a car engine, you don't run a gaming PC on a "word processing PC"'s PSU.

Upgrade the PSU. I think this would work.

Next time, you should use at least what this suggests.

this PSU should do just fine.

true true ... now the PC started even after being cold ... what the F is happening ... will a 420 W PSU be enough ? coz i want to spend max 20 euros on PSU ... i know i am a greedy ******* that wants cheap thing but since i am out of moneeey i can't afford better one

so i figured out the problem ... it has something to do with cold ... idk if cold PSU or what but when the PC is totally cool and unused the graphics wont load so i switch the cable to onboard VGA graphics for about 5 minutes ... when it warmes up i turn it off and switch the cable to new graphics card ... it works ! so might it be the PSU problem ? should i get a higher wattage one ?

is this one enough ? : LC POWER LC420H 420W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom