My gaming pc list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakeri

Baseband Member
So I THINK I've finally picked out what I want and need. Any feedback or recommendations would be appreciated. This will be my first time making a pc, hopefully it goes well. The price with everything will be about $1,300. Here goes:

CASE: ASPIRE X-PLEASURE-BK Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-M55SLI-S4 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

VCARD: 1x BFG Tech BFGR79256GTOCSINE Geforce 7900GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card -

PSU: OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI ATX12V 700W Power Supply - Retail

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Windsor 2000MHz HT Socket AM2 Dual Core Processor Model ADA3800IAA5CU

MEMORY: CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit

HDD: Western Digital Caviar SE WD2000JS 200GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

MONITOR: AG Neovo CW-19 Black 19" 4ms Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail

OPTICAL DRIVES: LG Black E-IDE/ATAPI DVD-ROM Multi Read Drive Model GDR-8164BK - OEM

LG 16X DVD±R Super-Multi DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM Write Black E-IDE/ATAPI Model GSA-H10N - OEM

Looks nice but the PSU seems a little overkill for the system unless you plan on some HUGE upgrading (like some SLI-ing). If I were you though I would go ahead and save a little more and wait a couple weeks for Neweggs X2 4400+ to come down in price (to about $210). Trust me, you will be glad you did.

::-Chase-::

I may have to wait a few weeks anyway, but thanks for that tip. I didn't know they were going to drop again. As for the PSU yeah, it does seem like a lot more power than I'd need, but I was going to go with dual 7600 GS's and was told I should get a 600 watt supply. Since I dropped the dual cards I don't need so much power but I am planning on using 2 7900 GT's in the future, I just don't know when.

If you are going with the two 79's then keep the PSU you have now, but if you are a gaming enthusiast you will probably end up with a DX10 card before another 7900GT (or at least I would) since they are (supposedly) coming out somewhere between Q4 of this year and Q1 of next year. Anyways, with that 79 and the 4400 you will be hooked up for a while!

::-Chase-::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom