My Gaming build so far....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehReview

Solid State Member
hey guys right now this is my build...

i am going to make the purchase here in a week or two...

right now im debating between a 1tb HDD or a 90gb SSD since it is a gaming build..

i really only play 1-3 games and i figure if i got some more i would buy another SSD or HDD down the road, but i wont be able to buy anything for a few months....

Case - Newegg.com - Antec Lanboy air Blue Black / Blue ATX Mid Tower Computer Modular Case

GPU - Newegg.com - MSI R6850 Cyclone PE/OC Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

SSD - Newegg.com - Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F90GB3-BK 2.5" 90GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

CPU - Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I52500K

Mobo - Newegg.com - MSI Z68A-G43 (G3) LGA 1155 Intel Z68 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

RAM - Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL9D-8GBXM (i know its a high speed and expensive but i have my mind set on this)

PSU -Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750M 750W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular High Performance Power Supply

if you have any suggestions on what i should swap out please post them below :p

also my first build so any tips or if im forgetting something please tell me!

and my budget is, or slightly more that $1000

i have an optical drive sitting around here...

and also can you refer me to a good 3rd party heatsink?

If you plan on overclockng, you shoiuld/have to get a new cooler. And if you are overclocking having that ram will help with that, as you will have essentially underclocked ram.

If you dont plan on overclocking, you dont need the cooler and slowing down the ram will save you some money.

As for a heatsink, I love my Noctua but they are pricey.

just curious for anyone who has gotten a case like that, does it sound like a jet engine taking off? or is that open design with fans everywhere quiet?

just curious for anyone who has gotten a case like that, does it sound like a jet engine taking off? or is that open design with fans everywhere quiet?
I was going to say ask Soar, but just re-read his quick and dirty impressions and he never actually built in it; just unpacked it, realized it was junk, and repacked it.
Post #37, 3rd from the bottom.
Soar has been building in nice cases though. So if this is his first build he might not feel the difference.

btw would a 90gb SSD be enough for Win7, League of Legends, HoN, Garry's mod, and Counter-strike source?

or should i swap it out for a HDD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom