My gaming build

Status
Not open for further replies.
uh, dont go with XP media center for gaming, get home or pro, for mobo, go with Lanparty or MSI, ur choice on which one, and memory wise, i recommend OCZ or mushkin

Spartan666 said:
uh, dont go with XP media center for gaming, get home or pro, for mobo, go with Lanparty or MSI, ur choice on which one, and memory wise, i recommend OCZ or mushkin
I remember reading that xp media is simply xp pro with some more crap put in and of course i like its media add-ons. Another thing i was unsure of is the OEM version. Is that the same as a retail version.

As far as ram goes i was unsure what exactly to get. At first i thought maybe 4 gigs but i figure 2 would be fine. I just hope that 3 years down the line i won't need to upgrade to more.

I want to keep the build under about 1,600 but i don't want to cut corners. I first wanted the pentium d because its dual core, the way of the future. I figure its a reasonable price and all the newer games would work. That ram looks good, now i just need a reasonably priced motherboard that will support everything.

edit:someone also told me its worth it to upgrade the vid card to this here . Is it worth the cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom