My Future Build...... different factors keep changing my mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
I will be playing Crysis, Oblivion and Halo 2 PC, hopefully at 1400 x 900 resolution on high?? except for Crysis... mid settings.... same with Oblivion......

e6750
AF7
Antec 900
P35-DS3R
8800GTS 320MB
Xclio Greatpower 550 (its the 100$ bi1gapl recommended me yesterday)
Seagate Barracuda 320GB Hard Drive

any suggestions?????? i don't know whether its a q6600 with a better heatsink i want.....

Overclock your 8800 GTS like crazy and show us benchmarks!
I would wait for the price drop and get the Q6600.

I have a very slightly overclocked 8800GTS and I can play Oblivion 1280x1024 res on very nearly max settings. other specs in sig.

The AF7 can do everything except get you breakfast in the morning (mine only does it after like 3:00) lol, seriously its a really good air cooler, and soooo easily installed (even though that it's not a big deal, its a nice addition)

You still have 19 days before "D-Day". I was in the same boat as you and finally realized that the extra $90 on the q6600 just wasnt worth it right now. I am a cheap ******* and I have to buy/build 2 of the exact same systems (one for me and one for wife).

So, it comes down to what you are willing to spend. I would be willing to bet my paycheck that when the gaming industry begins to fully utilize the quadcore processors, there will be better quadcore CPUs and priced lower than you currently see. Ultimately you have to choose, get the quadcore that will work for 2 years before you want to upgrade to the newer quad or 8 core CPUs and pay the extra $90 for it now, or get a **** nice e6750 that will be cheaper and give great performance (more bang for the buck right now) and still get taht newer quad or 8 core CPU in 2 years.

You still have 19 days before "D-Day". I was in the same boat as you and finally realized that the extra $90 on the q6600 just wasnt worth it right now. I am a cheap ******* and I have to buy/build 2 of the exact same systems (one for me and one for wife).

So, it comes down to what you are willing to spend. I would be willing to bet my paycheck that when the gaming industry begins to fully utilize the quadcore processors, there will be better quadcore CPUs and priced lower than you currently see. Ultimately you have to choose, get the quadcore that will work for 2 years before you want to upgrade to the newer quad or 8 core CPUs and pay the extra $90 for it now, or get a **** nice e6750 that will be cheaper and give great performance (more bang for the buck right now) and still get taht newer quad or 8 core CPU in 2 years.

crysis already supports quad-core from what the rumors are

As I said in the other thread. If you feel comfortable spending $90 extra for 1 games ability than you have nothing to worry about. Ultimately it's your money and you have to be happy with your decision. All I am doing is giving a different perspective.

As I said in the other thread. If you feel comfortable spending $90 extra for 1 games ability than you have nothing to worry about. Ultimately it's your money and you have to be happy with your decision. All I am doing is giving a different perspective.

i was completely decided of getting e6750 now thanks.... ya maybe i'll be smart and get one of those and later upgrade to a quad-core penryn :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom