MY friend wants you to help him decide what to get... he didnt believe me O_o

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspire

The Water Cooling Guru
My fiend is trying to decide what to upgrade in his pc

right now hes looking at changing his cpu, his mobo, and his gfx

he already ahs two gigs of corsair xms nust the light ones.

he is basically torn between a 3800+ x2 and a a64 4000+

gfx wise hes looking at either sli'd 7800gt's or a 7800gtx co i
think is what he said.

motherboard wise hes wanting to go with abit's fatal1ty sli mobo

he didnt really believe what i was saying so he asked me to make a thread abotu it... o_O

so plz any input is appreciated and flamming is not appreciated in the least.

thanks- aspire

2 7800gts > 1 7800gtx but w/ one 7800gtx you can upgrade in the future.

3800x2 for sure. Will kick the 4000's *** in games once they put dual core to use.

dfi lanpart expert mobo would be my suggestion

I've heard the Fatality's a great board too, you could also get the step down A8N SLi. Same as Fatality but w/o front panel and different cooling and extras.

fatal1ty is just a way to milk suckers for more money. You can do better with less. Look at DFI or MSI for mobos.

Either CPU will work.

Let him spend all he wants for graphics... it's his money.

Whatever he dose dont let him get SLi, biggest waste of money ever, save it and go dual core, maybe even a 4400 Toledo core, since hes saving money from not SLi'ing.

I also agree that the Fatality mobo is just a way to suck money out of people and to check out something else like DFI.

It sounds like your friend has expensive taste! Wanting to get rip-off SLI and rip-off Fatality mobo. lol

well he bought 1 bfg 7800gt oc

3800 dual core

and i think he got the dfi mobo
not sure though on that tho

Tyler1989 said:
X2 3800+
7800GTX
ASUS or DFI

Why did you suddenly come in the hardware section and start recomending Asus motherboards. I thought you didnt even do PC hardware?

Anyways 2x 7800GT in SLI will require an expensive power supply, and 1x 7800GTX is great for today's stuff. I would go dual core as well, since it's more futureproof and no game would be let down by your CPU.

And like always, I would go with a DFI Lanparty or a MSI K8N Neo-4 motherboard.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Why did you suddenly come in the hardware section and start recomending Asus motherboards. I thought you didnt even do PC hardware?

I know! Its pretty annoying. Hard to keep up with and counter people who give bad advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom