My fps isnt as high as i expected, and i have choke also :(, help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
Ok, well i upgraded from 8500 gt to 8800gt and ive seen a huge increase in 3dmark06... but not as big as an improvment for css source fps...

I have full graphics except i have 2 AA instead of 16...

Im getting about 70-100 fps on d2 and sometimes goes lower...

And then, out of nowhere ive been getting like 3-20 choke, most of the time in dm's but sometimes not... and choke is suppoused to be client based...

Is my not-as-high-as-i-thought fps due to a bottleneck from my processor that i was warned about before i purchased it?

And why does my virtual memory too low thing keep comeing up out of nowhere?

all my stuff is at stock btw, OC eventually comeing if it DOES have something to do with bottleneck.

for the choke make sure your cl_rate and all those settings are configured in a good way for speed (check casey's config for cvars that impact that stuff), for low virtual memory errors you get those if you disable the pagefile.

for the choke make sure your cl_rate and all those settings are configured in a good way for speed (check casey's config for cvars that impact that stuff), for low virtual memory errors you get those if you disable the pagefile.

i read what virtual memory was n wikipedia but didnt understand one thing about it lol.

anyone know what virtual memory is used for n how it is set? The numbers that it is set confuses me.

Simply increasing your page file usage will get rid of the low virtual memory message. I have 4GB allocated for that. Just to go control panel>performance and maintenance>system>advanced tab>performance settings>advanced tab again.

Simply increasing your page file usage will get rid of the low virtual memory message. I have 4GB allocated for that. Just to go control panel>performance and maintenance>system>advanced tab>performance settings>advanced tab again.

well what does xxxx-xxxx numbers stand for then? The minimum page file size used min n max?

virtual memory problem is gone, i knew i did this before somewhere, on my old comp... i changed it to recommended.

But still... is 70-100 fps, full graphics for css, 2 AA, what i should be expecting with my system AND newly installed 8800gt? I mean its certianly playable, lol... no problems with game play really.... just dont think im getting all i should be getting...

as for choke

// dT ! Legal FPS Config (No Sv_Cheats 1 / CAL Legal / Zblock Legal)
// Updated : 13 May 2007

// Cvars Value for the command

//mouse settings
m_pitch ".022"
m_customaccel "0"
zoom_sensitivity_ratio "1"
m_filter 0

//Rates Settings
cl_lagcomp_errorcheck "1"
cl_lagcompensation "1"
cl_updaterate "101"
cl_interpolate "1"
sv_unlag "1"
cl_cmdrate "101"
cl_interp "0.01"
cl_smooth "1"
cl_smoothtime "0.01"
cl_resend "6"
rate "30000"
cl_pred_optimize "2"
net_maxfragments "1280"
cl_timeout "30"
cl_predictweapons "1"
net_maxfragments "1280"

that is my config i use... if im missing something or have somethin in there that might be causeing choke or lowerd fps please tell me

css is locked at 120 fps, and some servers boot you if your constantly over 100, i have everything maxed x16 aa and get 110 fps average acording to the bench mark n that is on my 7950gt 256mb and my 4000+ single core, you should be getting higher tho i remember doing something in the comand promp to let my fps go higher.

choke is when your asking too much from the server...loss is when the server is sending you too fast...ie lower your cmdrates/updaterates...lower it by increments until u communicate with the server fastest WITHOUT choke/loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom