My first gaming PC!

Latchhook

Beta member
So right now I've been playing games on an Office PC. They run...but they do not run very well. I am looking to upgrade my quality of gaming by buying a pre-made PC (Yes, I understand they are more expensive but I literally know next to nothing about computers, yet alone how to assemble one). I am not looking for a very expensive computer, just a decent, noticeable upgrade that will allow me to play games on medium settings with around 40-60 FPS.

What I currently use (don't laugh, it's literally an office PC):
HP Compaq
4GB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40Gz
Graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Win 7 64 bit

Would it be cheaper to buy more memory and a decent graphics card for this machine than buy a new one, and will it give me the upgrade that I am looking for? (Currently I have around 10-20FPS on absolute lowest settings of games)

Here are a few budget PC's I've came across. Are any worth it, and which will give me the upgrade I am looking for?

Minion - $479.99 : Ironside Computers

CyberPowerPC Gamer Ultra Desktop 8GB Memory 2TB Hard Drive GUA390 - Best Buy

CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme GXi440 Desktop Gaming Computer GXI440

If anyone else is aware of any other budget gaming PCs or PCs that will run games smoothly, please feel free to add them! Thanks so much guys

throw 4 more gigs of ram in there and put a decent graphics card (gtx760 or higher ) in there and you will have a capable little gaming computer.

Just because you know next to nothing about computers doesn't mean you can't easily learn how to build. It's not hard, just for future reference.

Anyways, as was said, it's easier and cheaper to simply put a good GPU and some RAM in your machine. Would cost about 300 bucks tops for 4GB more of RAM and a GTX760.

Back
Top Bottom