My first custom computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recommend getting a quality power supply like a Corsair 650tx to go with the single 4850 or 4870 veedubfreak mentioned. I have never heard of IBP and they aren't listed in the Power supply guide which usually isn't a good sign.

this is the link to their site

iBUYPOWER: Custom Build Gaming Computers Desktop PCs, Notebooks

so what do you guys think about the Killer K1 - Online Gaming Accelerator - w/ 333Mhz Network Processing Unit + Lag & Latency Reduction Technology

does it actually make a difference?

Thanks!

Which model are you looking at?

I consider most of their prices ridiculous compared to what it would cost to build your own system. Not to mention the fact that you would get better quality components building it your self. It is not difficult and would give you valuable experience in addition to saving you a ton of money.

If you really don't want to build it yourself contact SurgeVel like mentioned before.

Surge Velocity - Custom Computers Built for Speed & Power!

this is the link to their site

iBUYPOWER: Custom Build Gaming Computers Desktop PCs, Notebooks

so what do you guys think about the Killer K1 - Online Gaming Accelerator - w/ 333Mhz Network Processing Unit + Lag & Latency Reduction Technology

does it actually make a difference?

Thanks!

To be honest, I use a wireless network card from maybe 3 years ago, my ping is between 30 to as high as 50 on a wireless network.

Are you plugging your computer directly to a modem or through a router? If so, look into port forwarding, from what I understand, it helps dedicate speed to specific applications to reduce lag. I don't know, someone could fill you in on the further details. I'd stay away from all of that flashy alienware 'type' sites. If you are a complete neophyte that wants to play 'games' really 'fast' then go ahead but, i agree, building your own PC will save you a lot of money, between 300+ from some of the decent builds I see on that site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom