My First Build Please Help ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtowns

In Runtime
Hey guys i just bought a Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R Intel P35 motherboard and the zalman 9700 cooler its all in the post should have it next week :) Heres my specs on my other hardware i already have in this system ..

8800 gts 640mb , e6420 , 2gb corsair ram 667mhz ,

So this will be my first build as far as installing a motherboard and doing the usb wiring + front audio wiring is there anythink i need to know ? im just gonna take note to how its hooked up to my current motherboard and hook the usb and audio plugs up the same way ...

Read instructions. Do not force, do not work on carpet. Work on wood or a ping pong table etc.

god luck!

yeah just keep it off the carpet. grab the metal in your case to ground yourself then follow instructions you get with your mobo and everything. When you fasten the MOBO make sure its secure but dont overtighten it.

yes lol hopefully the stand offs will match up with my case , Thanks for the tips guys ill be using an anti static strap and the board will stay on anti static baging untill its put in , Im real carefull with these things

You'll find most info you need in your MoBo manual, actually (prolly no need to remember where everything goes on your old motherboard). Otherwise there is always the forums for when you get stuck! And post photos!

yes lol hopefully the stand offs will match up with my case , Thanks for the tips guys ill be using an anti static strap and the board will stay on anti static baging untill its put in , Im real carefull with these things
if its an ATX case and you have an ATX mobo then it will match up

if its an ATX case and you have an ATX mobo then it will match up

well just reading my current motherboards manul it says that my current board is (mATX form factor 9.6 in 8.6 in (24 cm x 21.8cm )

And my new motherboard says its ATX form factor, 305 x 244mm

Does any1 see a problem here ? i dont know why my board has a matx and the new board has just ATX form factor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom