My first build, need to know if it is all good for a gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashley

Beta member
So i am new to all this and am building my first computer... I have decided upon these for my first build and need to know if it will all work out and whether it is good for gaming. I will be playing games such as WoW and SWTOR, Guild Wars 2 etc, and want the best performance possible.

-Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 Motherboard (Socket 1155, ATX, DDR3, USB 3.0, HDMI, Bluetooth Module, Quad-GPU Support)

-Intel Sandybridge i5-2500K Unlocked Core i5 Quad-Core Processor (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache, Socket 1155)

-Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance Memory Two Module Kit

-Seagate 1TB SATA HDD Barracuda; 1000 GB; 7200 RPM; Serial ATA; 88.9 mm (3.5 "); 64 MB; 6 Gbit/s (ST1000DM003)

-EVGA Nvidia GTX560Ti SuperClocked 1GB 256-Bit DDR5 Graphics Card

-Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2UK Builder Series 600W Power Supply

-Corsair CWCH60 Water Cooler

-Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Mid tower - ATX - no power supply ( EPS12V/ PS/2 ) - black - USB/Audio/E-SATA

-Creative Labs 70SB057002003 Sound Blaster Audigy SE Sound Card

Would really appreciate any recommendations such as any improved components, better prices etc :) Also, if you could recommend any improved sites i could buy from (UK) other than Amazon? Thanks!

Thanks a bunch :) But one thing, I'm from the UK so newegg isnt available to me :( Could you recommend me a UK site to use?

Yeah save money and buy a coolermaster hyper 212, unless you plan on oc'ing past 4.5GHz you do not need water cooling.To game really you dont even need to oc from stock, but honestly 4.2-4.3 is perfect and the hyper 212 can easily keep you cool under 4.5.And like also said, you dont need to buy a soundcard, motherboards come with soundcards that are actually good. Unless you plan on being able to listen to crisp clear full 7.1 surround sound with expensive speakers then its useless.

I had both variations of this card. The SB Live! 24bit 7.1 and the Audigy SE. Riddled with driver problems and getting surround to even work was like trying to cook Thanksgiving dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom