My First Build

If you hard wire them with 4pin molex to 3pin adapters (or whatever they already have there) straight to the PSU then they will run at 100%.
Not really.

That depends on how big your house is and the router itself. USB adapters don't get very good range because of the lack of power and external antenna. If you have a fairly good sized house then I suggest getting a mimo PCI-E adapter like this one.
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Wireless N Dual Band Adapter IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n PCI Express x1 Up to 450Mbps Wireless Data Rates WPA2 - Newegg.com

Also take not that if the router isn't very good your range will also suffer. The less signal you have, the more ping you have (not taking into consideration the added ping from your ISP).

I have a pretty decent router netgear n600 dual band router with comcast internet. I guess like more than 50 feet away (no more than 70) from where it is. Is that good? My download and upload are really good also.

I am gonna have windows 7 ultimate on this build so is that adapter good?
EDIT:Nvm I saw on newegg that it is compatible with win7

Last edited:
I have a pretty decent router netgear n600 dual band router with comcast internet. I guess like more than 50 feet away (no more than 70) from where it is. Is that good? My download and upload are really good also.
Decent midrange router I suppose, but lack of external antennas can be a problem. As long as you don't have too many walls and elevation is about the same (height of both the router and card on level field) you should be ok.

I am gonna have windows 7 ultimate on this build so is that adapter good?
Yes it is.

Decent midrange router I suppose, but lack of external antennas can be a problem. As long as you don't have too many walls and elevation is about the same (height of both the router and card on level field) you should be ok.

Yes it is.
Oh.... well there's some walls... like 3 or 4? I guess. I don't know if it goes straight at an angle or how it goes... my bro gets good connection with our ps3 and his laptop from that distance and his room is a few feet closer.

oh and how do i hard wire the 4pin molex to the 3pin adapters?
EDIT:k should I get the warranty?
You hook them up. All depends on the connection ends of the fans in the case. You don't literally "hard wire", it's just a figurative way of saying you're getting direct power from the PSU.

What warranty?

Oh.... well there's some walls... like 3 or 4? I guess. I don't know if it goes straight at an angle or how it goes... my bro gets good connection with our ps3 and his laptop from that distance and his room is a few feet closer.
Then you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom