My Dell 2007 WFP Experience and Review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint71

In Runtime
Well I finally gave into all the hype about how great these Dell monitors are and bought one of the 20 inch widescreen monitors from Dell that everyone seems so found of. It was shipped fairly quickly but it took three tries because no one was home to sign for it which was very annoying.

Anyway when it finally arrived I was more suspicious than excited due to all the hype of the panel lottery, backlight issues, PVA vs. S-IPS, ect. It said on the box made in Mexico and it was an A03 or revision 3 I am assuming. So I started taking this beast of a monitor out and one odd thing was they left the analog cable in the monitor. Like I am going to analog anyway. Ok I hooked it up and turned it on.

Pros

Excellent viewing angles.
No visible ghosting or tearing in games.
Plenty of inputs such as USB, S-Video, ect.
PIP and other setting are nice to have.
HDCP capable.

Cons

Less than impressive DVD playback.
I donÂ’t like the extra lights for the numbers showing which input I am using.
I would rather be able to watch non widescreen video without bars instead of the opposite.
I was not impressed with the image quality of pictures.
When I look at the monitor especially with a white background it looks like I am looking through a digital black mesh screen door and I really don't like it at all.
I prefer the glossy look of other monitors instead of this mesh look.

Here is my old monitor and the one I am comparing the Dell 2007WFP to.

http://www.hyundaiq.com/pro_spec_l90d+imagetune.asp

Side by Side Comparison

I put the Dell and the Hyundai right next to each other when I did my testing and did notice differences. The Hyundai had better image quality and picture representation. While playing Fear blacks were not as good on the Dell vs. the Hyundai.

Conclusion

I honestly do not understand why everyone finds Dell and their monitor so great. I mean donÂ’t get me wrong they have some good products and this monitor is quite good but I am starting to think they are overpriced and not as good as everyone makes them out to be. I honestly prefer my old monitor to this one and will be sending it back this week. In the future I am going to do more research on what monitor I buy.

3007wfp i only have one prblem with this one the stupid dell logo but you can just put like a sticker over it lol

I dont think I would buy ANYTHING from dell. Even their monitors are really overpriced if you are not upgrading to them when buying one of thier PC's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom