My computer (finally) and folding@home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtumble2

In Runtime
HP Pavilion with hecka upgrades. 4200+ 2.2ghz 64 x2, corsair 650tx, 250gb 7200rpm sata hd, 4gb of ram (32 bit xp), EVGA 260gtx, cheap cpu cooler off newegg.

Anyhow yeah just put in the vid card today.

compycq3.jpg

cool002wf7.jpg

compy4ty4.jpg

cool001dy3.jpg

I know my fans are kinda redneck and so is my cable job.. but thats life with a stock hp case lol

Id love to start folding but I dont know where to start. I'd be glad to join the tech-forums team

Thanks

I checked it out.. its the right tags, however you have to use the ones that say "Show Image to friends" and then use those tags

Theyre up. My cable job sucks bad so I'll prb do somethin about that lol.. But yeah thats it. Good enough to fold right? I can play cod4 with 4AA at ~110 constant on all highest settings and high quality in nview. Thats without an overclock. and crysis runs nice too

Um thats hot glue on the back of the fan, not touching the vid card.. prb 1/2" of space. It was running really hot so i threw in my $15 shipped fans. Hot glue works wonders as long as its not on hot parts.

Wish i had a real case so it didnt all look like crap and redneck lol

hmmm...... fan looks interesting. you cant set fan speed to 100% in ntune? or use rivatuner. my 9800gtx idles at 40-45C depending on room temp and never gets over 55C when playing crysis. and that's with a 805mhz core 1203 on mem and 2013 on shader. higher clocks possible but i'm too chicken to test. have gotten it to 850mhz core once before.

The GTX 260 is great for folding, it can get about 7,000ppd when overclocked, which is
really good. For reference, i can get about 10,000ppd on two 8800GT's.

Just get a case later on when you can, because folding will stress the card harder than gaming and it will make things get toasty.

Agreed, use rivatuner to manually control the fan speed, i run mine on my dual slot 8800Gt at 55% and it keeps it cool and silent.

Yeah ive used rivatuner before. By the way, how should I overclock? I have AtiTools, Rivatuner, and EVGA Precision all installed. I know AtiTools can do an auto thing but most every time I've tried overclocking the screen freezes or goes gray and flashes. Noob overclocker ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom