My Computer Config (Need help with DX10 Graphic Cards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
another young indian adolescent (after me ofcourse), anyways welcome and, ATI R600 is overpriced! it's barely better than a 8800 gts, but not as good as 8800 gtx, as for ur processor get a e6300 or e6320 in Q2, cuz its best ghz/price ratio, and its a overclocker's dream

Well, vernong, I need to find a DX10 card fast.....therefore thinking about different options :(

@ Jrod and Sora
The reason why E6420 and E6320 are priced equal to the E6400 and E6300, respectively is coz it DOES NOT SUPPORT VIRTUALIZATION TECHNOLOGY!!!
So conclusion: I am sticking with the E6400.

Dr DMoney said:
Either get the 8600ultra, when it comes out or the 8800gts 320mb. Both would do you well.
I have read reviews about the 8800 GTS and most of them said that it was a big flop. It was over sized, its heat sink doesn't work properly and although it as all those "Vista Ready" stickers on it, it does not support Vista properly!!!
Therefore, I started to think about ATI cards.....
Anyway, I think Ill use my GeForce FX5200 till some good and reasonably priced graphic card releases.

btw, 1 last question:
How do we find out whether the PC will have ports for future upgrade or not?, i.e., will my PC have the ports needed for future upgrades?

Uh, i think u have some room for expansion, ur pc is set, and the 8800 gts is far from a flop, true the Nvidia drivers are sort of well cra*ppy but, thats only for vista, if ur running xp for now, the drivers that come with it is ok

Yeah, and my video card will go to about 60C load. And I have only a few fans. The 8800gts are still new. Most new technology needs to get the bugs worked out. The 8800gts would make the system better than a 8600ultra, but the ultra would probably make it cooler. Yeah, it sucks for vista but almost everything sucks for vista. I am just telling you that a 8800gts would be better unless your afraid of getting a little hot. The 8800 series will get hot but is is designed to get hot, but still keep stable. And to answer your question, the motherboard you are is nice and if there is any port that is newer that the ones you have on your computer then the port has came out yet.

vernong1992 said:
Uh, i think u have some room for expansion, ur pc is set, and the 8800 gts is far from a flop, true the Nvidia drivers are sort of well cra*ppy but, thats only for vista, if ur running xp for now, the drivers that come with it is ok
errrr....dude, if nVIDIA doesn't support Vista than what's the point of buying it. I am saying this coz Vista is the only OS that supports DX10 presently. So what's the point of buying a DX10 card that doesn't support Vista? :umm:

btw, what's a better choice for OCing:
A 2x1GB DDR2 Corsair Value Select 667 MHz RAM (costs Rs. 9000 = 200USD)
A 2x1GB Transcend DDR2 667 MHz RAM (costs Rs. 11,000 = 244USD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom