My Computer Build Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like you have a pretty nice build going on there. I just got done making my first computer. I had a lot of trial and error with it LOL. But I finally got it going right and everything is working well now. I am really excited. I am already thinking about the next upgrade I can make to it. Heck I'm already thinking about building another computer LOL. But I just dropped way too much money into this one to start to build another one already. But good luck with the project and most importantly have fun!

Haha I'm so lucky I live this close to Newegg's facility... their NJ warehouse takes 1 day with free shipping to get to me... except for Black Friday and Cyber Monday, when UPS and Newegg are overwhelmed by the numbers of orders. Anyone notice how conveniently planned Black Friday is? UPS recognizes that Thursday and Friday as holidays, then Sunday is no-ship too, so there's only Saturday for shipping to take place. Terrible.

Anyways... yeah, waiting is definitely the worst part. Unless you get a RevoDrive...

UPS shows that everything but the OS and GPU will arrive tommorow. The Gpu will arrive wedensday and windows hasnt even shown to be traveling, it just says that they have recieved notification that the package will be in there hands soon, Im hoping before friday that the entire build will be exhaling fire!

USPS is sooo backed up 3 days now windows 7 has been out the shippers doors and yet USPS hasnt even scaned it yet... Please tell me this is normal... Im so anxious to get this thing running...

Also the Sabertooth has fan control software

USPS has finally picked up the item and moved it to the sort facility, ETA of computer first startup 12/1/10 ETA of windows installation 12/3/10.

Now who thinks I should put the HDD in the hot swap module of my case? Also who thinks I should use the 2 cd/dvd readers and writers of my current computer and move it to my new computer for 3 writers/burners for no good reason?

And finally who wants me to attempt to document this all via video?

Motherboard shows problem lights for VGA and Boot system. HDD/Cd drive uninstalled in order to see if more core components work. Gave computer to computer shop for diagnostic. tomorrow they should get back to me.

Sorry to hear you are having some problems with the build but I'm sure you will get it figured out. I had to do a ton of troubleshooting with my build I just finished and at one point I almost gave up. Hope to hear some good news soon!

Good luck!

Currently running the beast and installing drivers. Turned out I hadent connected all the wires to the GPU.... fail I know. This has been a big learning exsperience and I thank you all. It is a bit hard to see all the text on the tv but my eyes just have to adjust. Typying is really painful right now as I stoved my finger playing basketball in gym class, so ill be off now installing all these drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom