MY CASE! troubles!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only silver drive on Newegg has sub-average reviews. You'll have to look at a white one or beige one that won't quite match the case.

The covers are just there to cover unused slots. You'll pop them off to put in your drive.

You're a life saver, UA Iron, I was just about to cancel my order.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

no problem man, just here to help.

If you do a google search for the product you may be able to find it cheaper somewhere else. xoxide is solid though.

Ah yeah, those "flaps" (bay covers) will definitely come off with the installation of any drive. What I saw one of my friends do was mount the drive a little more inside the case (rather than having the front of the drive being flush with the front) And glue the bay cover to the front of the drive. He glued a little tab or peg to the inside of the bay cover, so you press the entire bay cover, and it will hit the eject button on the CD drive. When its closed, it will look exactly like it does in that stock photo.

Ah yeah, those "flaps" (bay covers) will definitely come off with the installation of any drive. What I saw one of my friends do was mount the drive a little more inside the case (rather than having the front of the drive being flush with the front) And glue the bay cover to the front of the drive. He glued a little tab or peg to the inside of the bay cover, so you press the entire bay cover, and it will hit the eject button on the CD drive. When its closed, it will look exactly like it does in that stock photo.

3M makes a double sided sticky tape that would work well for the application. The stuff with foam in the middle wouldnt work well, this stuff I'm talking about is fairly thin and holds very strongly.

Let me see if I can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom