My build specs so far....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penders

Beta member
Ok so i decided today (well because my old crappy dell gave up) that i would build my own gaming PC i want to keep it kinda cheap but not so cheap anyway here is what i have so far:
Case: Antec 902 Advanced Gaming Enclosure £80 (fancy *** way of saying case i suppose)
Motherboard: Asus Crosshair IV Formula AMD 890FX (Socket AM3) DDR3 Motherboard £124
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 965 Black Edition 3.40GHz £129
Memory:
Probably just gonna go with 4GB of Patriot G Series 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz Dual Channel £88
Graphics Card: XFX ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card £135
Hard drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB SATA-II 32MB Cache - OEM £52
Optical drive: LG GH22NS50 22x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black) £18
Power supply: Cooler Master GX 750W Power Supply £75 (Is 750w enough? bearing in mind i will most likely over clock)
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit £90
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa Mirror Special Edition £52
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder £39
Mousemat: Razer Vespula Dual-Sided Gaming Mouse Mat £26
ok thats what i have so far the build comes to about £795 with all the software and mice this is not set in stone however and i was wondering if you guys could give me any advice on items i need to upgrade/downgrade i am willing to pay more if it adds to the system in a big way.

A 750w PSU is more than enough for your system.

Also, I wouldn't spend £91 on a keyboard and mouse. I'd spend half that and not buy a mouse pad.

The money you save can go towards a heatsink and heatsink fan which is essential for gaming. Especially if you're going to overclock.

But it'd be easier for everyone if you told us your overall budget. Then maybe you can keep your fancy keyboard and mouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom