My Build So far..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overclocking is the way to go in any home made build. You can get so much more performance for the money. My computer is mostly for gaming and by overclocking I brought up my 3dmark05 score from 6,700 to 10,500. Thats a ~57% performance increase and its noticeable in games. At the time my comp costed about $600 and it would of costed around $1,000 if I had just bought stock parts to get the same performance.

Now with that said, if for some reason he is still absolutely 100% positive that he will never ever overclock couldn't he save some more money by getting some cheaper ram like G.skill NQ ddr2 800 ram? Those have cas5 and since they would only be running at ddr2 533 they could maybe do cas4? Not really sure since I'm just guessing and have never used any of those rams.

Overclocking is the way to go in any home made build. You can get so much more performance for the money. My computer is mostly for gaming and by overclocking I brought up my 3dmark05 score from 6,700 to 10,500. Thats a ~57% performance increase and its noticeable in games. At the time my comp costed about $600 and it would of costed around $1,000 if I had just bought stock parts to get the same performance.

Now with that said, if for some reason he is still absolutely 100% positive that he will never ever overclock couldn't he save some more money by getting some cheaper ram like G.skill NQ ddr2 800 ram? Those have cas5 and since they would only be running at ddr2 533 they could maybe do cas4? Not really sure since I'm just guessing and have never used any of those rams.

i do agree with you..

but the thing is, i dont want to spend money again on my pc for a year or two atleast after i am done with this project..

I don't quite understand what your saying. Do you mean that you don't want to spend money for a year or two and thats why you don't want to overclock? Or are you saying thats why you want the better ram?

I don't quite understand what your saying. Do you mean that you don't want to spend money for a year or two and thats why you don't want to overclock? Or are you saying thats why you want the better ram?

i dont mind spending more money but i want the best performance..

In that case get the G.skill HZ ram and overclock. Overclock, overclock, and don't forget to overclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom