My Build comments please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
Thanks to your guys information, help, and knowledge i have built what i think is a kick as comp. take a look and see what you think. i dont need a case or hdd or burner since i already own all that stuff.

Motherboard: Newegg.com - DFI LP LT X48-T2R LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

CPU: Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor - Processors

PSU: Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 Power Supply 90 - 264 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Power Supplies

Ram/Memory: Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

GPU: Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H485F512P Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

there that is.

Now alls i need is an aftermarket cpu cooling unit since i will not be doing water cooling for awhile. any suggestions? Ive herd to stay away from kingwin. or is the cpu heatsink that comes with the lanparty LT good enough to oc with?

thats a great motherboard, but do ou need x48? what about x38?
270 is alot..
do you plan on going xfire?

The DFi Board doesn't come with a cooler.. (you mean the CPU it comes with a cheap lame cooler)

get a Rosewill RCX-Z775 for $20

the dfi board comes with a heat sink, according to the newegg website anyways. and yes i plan to xfire.

this link may bring you to the pictures.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

the total with shipping and everything is 888.77 i plan to do the build in mid august when i have enough saved up.

edit: i see now looking closer at the pics it goes to the motherboard. i will check out that other cooler you recommended.

Yep, the Board is a bit overboard, thats really more suitable for Water Cooling Builds since it can high really high FSB

EDIT: I just saw you're planning that in the future, but you might need a PSU upgrade in the future then, also a case upgrade because most cases aren't really suitable for them

ohh okay i see.i just want a better cpu cooler for now for minor ocing until i can afford a good water cooling kit... im going to suffer after this build for awhile lol.

EDIT: maybe i should just get a bigger psu now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom