my build

Alien-_-

Solid State Member
What do people think .maximus v extreme motherboard.i7 3.6ghz,radeon hd 7950.nf p12pwm fan, 4x 4gb ddr3 memory

What will you be using this pc for?
Be sure to read this thread:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/your-cpu-modern-games-guide-those-building-261626/

That's a really complex looking motherboard. You don't really need it unless you are planning to do crossfire/SLI with more than two video cards. An Asus P8Z77-V is more than good enough in most cases and it costs half as much. What power supply will you be using? The Corsair 650 watt units are good ones.
Also you said you'd something about a p12pwm fan fan. Those are ugly (brown and white doesn't match anything lol) and expensive. Cooler Master LED fans spin really fast, move a lot of air efficiently, don't make a lot of noise, cost a lot less and have LEDs on them. Those are the ones I use.

It's a Noctua fan, and they make some of the best fans in the market. The brown grows on you, trust me I have 3.
Oh ok I've never used those fans and hadn't read up on them before posting. The cooler master led ones work for me though. They are advertized to spin at 2000rpm as opposed to that noctua fan's 1300rpm.

I will mainly be using it for high specs gaming and video but of course i will sumtimes use it for like web browsing etc

Oh ok I've never used those fans and hadn't read up on them before posting. The cooler master led ones work for me though. They are advertized to spin at 2000rpm as opposed to that noctua fan's 1300rpm.
RPM isn't everything. A more efficient fan can produce more CFM at lower RPMs than the competitors. Noctua fans have a high reputation for that and great static pressure which is good for silent but cool air coolers.

I will mainly be using it for high specs gaming and video but of course i will sumtimes use it for like web browsing etc
Gaming doesn't require an i7 or 16GB of RAM, nor an overpriced board but extensive video editing could use the CPU and RAM. Would have been better to put money towards a better GPU instead.

I got 4 ugly browns, and just like UPS, they bring me joy and are fairly quiet.

Have 2 Corsair High pressure fans coming to push pull my 212+'s It'll be intresting to see how they are... Its hard tgo be quiet when my case has 9 fans stock to begin with.

I agree, ditch the 7, get a 5 and a better gpu.

I got 4 ugly browns, and just like UPS, they bring me joy and are fairly quiet.

Have 2 Corsair High pressure fans coming to push pull my 212+'s It'll be intresting to see how they are... Its hard tgo be quiet when my case has 9 fans stock to begin with.

I agree, ditch the 7, get a 5 and a better gpu.
Yea I eventually want a case full of Noctua fans. Just haven't figured out what color case would look good with them lol.

I'm under the impression this system is built which is why I was saying things in past tense.

we have another build my brothers thinking of doing ,hes thinking of the asus p8z77-v delux with i7 3, coz it was giving as a present , radeon hd 7950 ,the nf p12 fans , and 12 gb worth of ddr3 he looking to do the same high specs gaming and video ,is there anything u would add to this set up or mby change before he went out and bought them

Back
Top Bottom