My budget gaming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
they are virtually the same, they haev equal amounts of OCing the same, like most of the early venice that were doing 3.5Ghz were the 3000+ and the 3200+ were only doing like 3Ghz, and you could spend that extra 25 bucks on a nice cheap soudn card :D

Go with the 3200+. The extra multiplier will help a lot in overclocking. The 3000+ would have been a better choice earlier, but it fell in price $20, while the 3200+ fell in price $50, so now the 3200+ is the best bang-for-the-buck processor out there (with the possible exception of the Opterons, how much are they going for nowadays?).

the cheapest s939 opteron i saw is like 190 i believe and 230 ish for retail :confused: i havent checked the cheapest ones yet im only looking at the dual core ones :D

save the $88 and just barrow a XP cd from a friend or something.

just my opinion but.... with the 6800GS out now for $200, its kind of a waist of money to get anything less.... its clock speeds are almost the same as the 66GT, excpet it has 256bit, 256mb GDDR3, 12 piplines, etc.

Yes, definately. It's probably one of the best bang/buck upgrades, meaning for only about 50$ more you can upgrade to a card remarkably better than the 6600GT.

if your still deciding on the dvd drive. i have a lite - on, and it runs perfectly. no problems with it whatsoever

Another question:

Would the fortron 400w be enough to power all the above?
I might switch the cpu to the 3000 and the vid card to 6800gs...would it still be enough?

Thanks.

Lol yeah. I would actually recommend the 450W, but the 400W would do just fine. Read this review on the 450W.
"I bought this PSU almost 2 months ago for my PC build consisting of an intel pentium D 830, 4 sticks of DDR2, 7800GTX video card, 1 SATA HD, 2 CD/DVD drives, floppy and tv tuner. So far no problems. Great product! Thanks Newegg!"

Some one correct me if im wrong but...

going down from a 3200 to -> 3000....... and moving up from 66GT to -> 68GS..... will give you much better gaming performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom