My Budget Gaming PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJamesJR

In Runtime
I'm a moderate gamer and looking to get into the design field. I do a lot of work on Photoshop along side some gaming. I'm not an over clocker, I will be running everything at stock speeds. I will be making my final purchases come Saturday (5th). I already purchased the ODD and PSU around the holiday seasons. I actually got the PSU for $9.99 USD, I had a $50 gift card and I just sent out the rebate... I guess they're actually paying me $15 for the PSU lol. I also got $7 off the ODD because it was listed a different price. After reporting the flaw to Newegg they gave me a discount.

CPU/Mobo combo:
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

PSU:
Newegg.com - OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ600MXSP 600W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply compatible with core i7

GPU:
Newegg.com - HIS H577FK1GD Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity

RAM:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR

HD:
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD7501AALS 750GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive -Bare Drive

ODD:
Newegg.com - ASUS Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - CD / DVD Burners

Case:
Newegg.com - Rosewill R101-P-BK 120mm Fan MicroATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Total price: $643.93 + shipping - $45.00 in rebates... So I'm looking at $598.93.
This is including the FULL price of both the PSU and ODD which at the time... I didn't spend much on.

After posting a ton of questions here and learning as much as I could... There you have it. The case is probably the least flashy thing on the list. I don't really mind low profile cases. It's small and I work in a small space. Fitting under my desk was all I'm worried about.

I'm still waiting to hear back on a few things. I'm interesting in some better cooling if anyone has any ideas. I was looking at the Cooler Master 212 heatsink which I did post in another thread (sorry), though I'm unsure if it will fit my case. I definitely want a 120mm intake fan though. As mention prior, I'm putting in the final orders come the 5th of Feb.

Also, can I pop in the GPU before downloading the drivers or will it blue screen?

You should be fine with that cooler if the case really is 7.5" wide and the cooler is 6.3" tall. You'll get something like an inch of clearance between the case side panel and the cooler.

As asked in your previous thread you should have no problem installing it with 4 sticks of ram. The video on Newegg shows it being installed on a mATX board, and it looks like there is plenty of clearance even with the fans installed.

As far as the video card goes yes, you can install it before you install the drivers, in fact I am pretty sure the drivers won't install if the video card isn't installed. Just make sure you disable the on-board video on the board in the bios.

I noticed this mobo already has a back plate... How would I install that cooler then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom