My Budget Build. Comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaratustra333

Beta member
Hey guys,
Just finished my build for a system I plan on using for Skyrim & SWOTOR online. As you can tell I'm on a budget but welcome any advice before I pull the trigger and order in the next day or two.
Here's what I'm thinking:

Case: HEC ATX Mid sized Tower + 585W Power Supply
Newegg.com - HEC 6C28BBX585 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 585W Power Supply

Motherboard: Asus M5A97
Newegg.com - ASUS M5A97 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1GB
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity (100315L )

CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 (3.3Ghz)
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X3 455 Rana 3.3GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor ADX455WFGMBOX

Memory: GSkill 8GB DDR3 1600 SDRAM
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Haven't made my mind up yet about a hard driver or monitor yet and I'm not sure if getting the tower/power supply combo is for the best, but again I'm on a budget and hoping to keep everything under 750-800.

Criticism? Comments?

Usually power supply combos are not a really good idea. One of the most important things in the computer is the power. If it is unstable, it can and will mess up your components. I would suggest looking at one of the better companies for a power supply. Antec, Corsair, etc. The other components aren't bad what is your budget. I or someone else maybe able to throw together a build that is stronger for the same amount.

Any reason you are going with AMD? Even the Sandy Bridge based Pentiums (G6x0) should outperform the Athlon II x3 with significantly lower power consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom